• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SO the demise of GCA in military aviation is indeed a myth!
“This will be a Mode III approach . . .”

Rage.jpg

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Theoretically, yes. I doubt the airplane comes Standard Category certified. Probably Experimental Category at best!
This is true, in theory. In practice, most civilians see the sticker price and realize they can get a nice TBM or decent used jet AND an aerobatic light piston for the same money (roughly $11M in 2022 dollars). Or just a really nice vacation home.

Several civilian pilots have expressed interest though, including Patty Wagstaff at one point in time. She was even leasing an A at one point, flying on an experimental airworthiness certificate.

The closest to civilian ownership is Affinity, which operates the T-6Cs used by the RAF under military contract, to train British pilots. But they don’t really “own” the airplanes.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is true, in theory. In practice, most civilians see the sticker price and realize they can get a nice TBM or decent used jet AND an aerobatic light piston for the same money (roughly $11M in 2022 dollars). Or just a really nice vacation home.
In theory, a lot of us could have bought Amazon stock in 1999.

In practice, we didn't.

Walt6541

Wait... Mad Dog can't you get excused from jury duty since you were a sworn peace officer??
I'm not Mad Dog, but most agency policies require you to appear for jury duty and serve if selected. I was held in pool once and challenged for cause and excused once. Most defense attorneys will challenge a cop as a matter of course citing implicit bias but ultimately it's usually up to the judge. It's very state and court dependent.

GroundPounder

I'm not Mad Dog, but most agency policies require you to appear for jury duty and serve if selected. I was held in pool once and challenged for cause and excused once. Most defense attorneys will challenge a cop as a matter of course citing implicit bias but ultimately it's usually up to the judge. It's very state and court dependent.

What @Walt6541 said, with the addition that some jurisdictions will use the one pool for criminal and civil trials. The chances of getting on a criminal jury is slim, but not impossible.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
What @Walt6541 said, with the addition that some jurisdictions will use the one pool for criminal and civil trials. The chances of getting on a criminal jury is slim, but not impossible.
I just tell the judge I’m in favor of the death penalty all the way down to parking violations. That seems to get me released from jury duty.