• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I see them pre-paint quite often here at KAGS. They fly circuits around Georgia prior to being handed over to the eventual owner. I've seen them come in with several nation's paint schemes and roundels.
View attachment 36873View attachment 36874
Spoke with the crew at base ops while we were all filing to depart. Gold wingers all - Navy P3 dude and CG C130 guy - now contractors ferrying C130's around for delivery. Pretty sweet gig. One of the program managers for DHS is a retired S-3 NFO - so it was a Naval Aviation love fest at base ops yesterday!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
For those of you in the DC area it is time to say good bye to old Hyde Field (Washington Executive), W32 on your sectionals.

W32 is less than a mile from my airfield, KVKX, and is up on a hill while Potomac is in a valley. Now the once famous “Maryland Three” is down to the infamous “Maryland Two” and there are still many who want College Park (CGS) and Potomac closed.

Last edited:

jmcquate

Contributor
I think you need some special permit from Homeland Security to fly into College Park due to it being inside the DC ADIZ.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I think you need some special permit from Homeland Security to fly into College Park due to it being inside the DC ADIZ.
You do. The same for Potomac. For example I can’t fly patterns at my airfield, I have to go outside the FRZ to do anything and even then I have to file a specialized flight plan.

taxi1

pilot
You do. The same for Potomac. For example I can’t fly patterns at my airfield, I have to go outside the FRZ to do anything and even then I have to file a specialized flight plan.
They should just make you agree to fly with a remotely detonated charge