• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

number9

Contributor
MA Wing is still out of Hanscom. I'm the Deputy Commander for Cadets of a MAWG squadron. Same squadron I was a cadet in before my time in the Corps.

2B2 up at Plum Island is another great little airport, one grass runway and one paved. There's a permanently parked food truck there that's excellent!!
Have you ever flown into/out of 1B2?

johnboyA6E

None
So I'm down on Cape Cod this weekend, cleaning out my late father's home before putting it on the market
very cool letter, your dad must have been super proud.

another Masshole here.... one who has been looking for a place on the Cape for some time

Plymouth... you mean Cape Cod by not Buzzards Bay right? Or are you down near Falmouth?

will there be an AW listing before you go out to the general public? ?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
very cool letter, your dad must have been super proud.

another Masshole here.... one who has been looking for a place on the Cape for some time

Plymouth... you mean Cape Cod by not Buzzards Bay right? Or are you down near Falmouth?

will there be an AW listing before you go out to the general public? ?
1.8 acres by Herring Pond - technically in Plymouth, near the CC Canal. So not technically "on the Cape" I guess - lol. Good piece of property but the main house needs *lots* of work! I'll post the listing here when I finish the clean out in a few weeks!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
1.8 acres by Herring Pond - technically in Plymouth, near the CC Canal. So not technically "on the Cape" I guess - lol. Good piece of property but the main house needs *lots* of work! I'll post the listing here when I finish the clean out in a few weeks!
1.8 acres…could be a nice landing spot for the Griz-O-Copter. ?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Once flew in a guys 1948 Taylorcraft (way before bluetooth). No generator, lights, radio, or starter. But he had a cassette tape deck under the seat powered by a battery wired into an intercom. That was the only electronics on the plane. Guy had his priorities. We were totally rocking out.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Was looking at photos of the retractable gear Bell 360 Invictus. It occurred to me that retractable gear in a helicopter will be something new to the Army. That led me to think about gear up warnings. Most fixed wing gear up warnings are some combination of flap setting, power setting, altitude or speed. With relatively constant speed turbines and rotor, normal ops speeds to zero, and normal ops at low altitude, how do gear up warnings work in a helicopter?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Was looking at photos of the retractable gear Bell 360 Invictus. It occurred to me that retractable gear in a helicopter will be something new to the Army. That led me to think about gear up warnings. Most fixed wing gear up warnings are some combination of flap setting, power setting, altitude or speed. With relatively constant speed turbines and rotor, normal ops speeds to zero, and normal ops at low altitude, how do gear up warnings work in a helicopter?
On the aircraft I'm familiar with it was all airspeed based. If gear handle not down and airspeed < 50 = light plus aural warning...