• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random government publication

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm wondering if anyone could do me a huge favor and point me in the correct direction...I need to find MIL-A-8863 ("Carrier Suitability Specifications") for a little senior mech. engineering design project I'm working on. Google searches gave some close hits, but the actual document continues to elude me. Specifically I'm looking for catapult holdback bar loading specifications. I figured someone on here might have a clue (?) where to look. /dorky request

STLEngineer

pilot
I'm wondering if anyone could do me a huge favor and point me in the correct direction...I need to find MIL-A-8863 ("Carrier Suitability Specifications") for a little senior mech. engineering design project I'm working on. Google searches gave some close hits, but the actual document continues to elude me. Specifically I'm looking for catapult holdback bar loading specifications. I figured someone on here might have a clue (?) where to look. /dorky request

No help here, but good luck.

When I worked for Boeing, I tried to find a Mil-spec when there wasn't a paper copy. Never found it online, though I searched in vain. 8591... delt with strutural/aerodynamic loads. Curses, I had hoped I forgot all that stuff.

You'd be surprised how many Mil-Specs there are out there, for the tiniest little things.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Did you try Google scholar? Sometimes it pulls up documents a regular search won't. Granted Scholar probably isnt designed for a search of the sort your performing but its worth a try.