• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random aircraft sightings

sickboy

pilot
Anyone on NAS Jax see the aircraft parked behind customs today? I didn't get the greatest look while driving past but it looked like a pair of A-4s, An F3D, and a P-2. Any idea what they're doing there?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
ATAC will have an A-4 there from time to time. I had one parked next to me one morning a few years ago. I can't find the pic on here at the moment.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone on NAS Jax see the aircraft parked behind customs today? I didn't get the greatest look while driving past but it looked like a pair of A-4s, An F3D, and a P-2. Any idea what they're doing there?

ATAC will have an A-4 there from time to time. I had one parked next to me one morning a few years ago. I can't find the pic on here at the moment.

If it was ATAC it could might have been a Hawker Hunter training bird, they have side-by-side seating and vaguely look kind of like a skinny Skyknight.

6686086549_4a346b339d_z.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If it was ATAC it could might have been a Hawker Hunter training bird, they have side-by-side seating and vaguely look kind of like a skinny Skyknight.

Ironically, the Hawker was the other plane next to the A-4 that same morning. I'll ocassionally see a Hawker out on the T-line at NASNI, as well.

I couldn't find the pic I had here on AW, so here it is again. I think the shadow next to me is the Hawker...it's too bulbous to be the T-34 I was about to get into.

Attachments

• A4.ATAC.Jax.jpg
    A4.ATAC.Jax.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 60

Renegade One

None
The aircraft at Jax right now are from ATAC which has the Hawker Hunters and Kfirs; Phoenix Air is flying a Lear And King Air; VFA-204 is flying legacy Hornets (not sure of the variant since they borrowed some jets from VFC-12.
What? No "partridges in a pear tree?"

tribeaviation

Speaking of ATAC, I take my students to KPHF to get them some practice working with a tower, and I snapped some pictures of a few of their Hunters and Kfirs holding short and then departing on Monday. Always fun for students on their first trip to a towered airport to get in the mix with a few legacy fighter aircraft.20131125_142209.jpg20131125_142211.jpg20131125_142415.jpg20131125_142418.jpg20131125_143217.jpg20131125_143648.jpg

Renegade One

None
This old dude started doing regular weekday runs out of Aguadilla, PR:

11116158025_8a8e9bc6a9_b.jpg
Looks suspiciously like a re-engined variant of the first airplane I trained in at VT-10:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7d/Convair_T-29B_(240-27),_USA_-_Navy_AN1506368.jpg
Convair_T-29B_%28240-27%29%2C_USA_-_Navy_AN1506368.jpg

Of historical note, my logbook shows that I logged 11 hours in this exact tail number on the 6th and 10th of December, 1971…NPA to NPA…long-range dead-reckoning nav hops. Drift meters…CDMVTAE…CAS/IAS/TAS airspeed conversions…Jeppesen CR-5 flight computers, plotters and pencils on big charts...you get the idea...:)

Last edited: