• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ramjet HARM

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
What? Improve the HARM? But it's the latest and greatest in ARMs. Its freaking state of the art!!!!!

In all seriousness, we had an admiral up here a few weeks ago that was saying that once the AARGM & Next Gen Jammers come on line and get hooked up with the Growler, it'll pretty much revolutionize the way we conduct EW. Should be interesting.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
What? Improve the HARM? But it's the latest and greatest in ARMs. Its freaking state of the art!!!!!

We thought that about block I's, then II's, then block III's etc. They always get better and who here hasn't wished for a shorter TOF when there's an SA-X headed your way? :eek:

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We thought that about block I's, then II's, then block III's etc. They always get better and who here hasn't wished for a shorter TOF when there's an SA-X headed your way? :eek:

Shouldn't that be SA-XX? ;)

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor

In all seriousness, we had an admiral up here a few weeks ago that was saying that once the AARGM & Next Gen Jammers come on line and get hooked up with the Growler, it'll pretty much revolutionize the way we conduct EW. Should be interesting.

That was VADM Kilcline, CNAF.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here is a rather basic question, why the emphasis on speed in the AGM-88?

Basically, so the HARM hits the SAM radar before SAM's hit any planes. It won't matter for some SAM's, but it doesn't hurt. I would also assume it would also extend the range, keeping you outside ever increasing threat rings.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Basically, so the HARM hits the SAM radar before SAM's hit any planes. It won't matter for some SAM's, but it doesn't hurt. I would also assume it would also extend the range, keeping you outside ever increasing threat rings.

That makes sense. Thanks.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Here is a rather basic question, why the emphasis on speed in the AGM-88?

Because it's a High speed Anti-Radiation Missile aka HARM if not it would be a SSAR and that doesn't sound near as cool. :icon_smil