• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

RADM (ret) Guadagnini

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I remember talking to him on the ship right after his son got booted from USNA, or flight school, or whatever. Now that I think about it, there seemed to be some kind of drunken/disorderly incident where his kid invaded someone's house in Annapolis and caused a ruckus. Don't recall the specifics, but there was an awkward moment related to that. Maybe he had more than one kid in the pipeline.

My biggest take-away from him being our CSG during that cruise was that he prohibited mid-cycle fly-bys for some silly reason, like we should be using that gas to "train." Way to suck the fun out of Naval Aviation, Pops. Bottom line, he was pretty much a douche.
I was on that cruise. He also pretty much ruined folies if I remember right. Real fun police vibe.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was on that cruise. He also pretty much ruined folies if I remember right. Real fun police vibe.
Yeah, and did away with mid-cycle fly bys. Not gonna dance on his grave, but my impression of him went downhill rapidly over time.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I remember during the early weeks of what eventually became OIR, the big jammer either wasn't fragged for anything, or was otherwise not being sent over the beach, but they were obviously still flying their airplan lines. I don't know if you ever get bored with the mid cycle flyby, but I'm guessing they were at risk of being so....

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I remember during the early weeks of what eventually became OIR, the big jammer either wasn't fragged for anything, or was otherwise not being sent over the beach, but they were obviously still flying their airplan lines. I don't know if you ever get bored with the mid cycle flyby, but I'm guessing they were at risk of being so....
That sounds like some collective CAOC fail.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Come to AW for the real scoop, I guess.

Tangentially related- what is it with CSGs sucking the air out of the room at follies? Can't they just let us enjoy the levity once in a line period? CSG on my last deployment (CVN-72 2019-2020 extendathon) was especially "great" at this. Follies was also the only time we ever saw him. File that under leadership lessons to not follow.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Disregard. I had him mixed up with Admiral Harris in CSG 11.
Funny, because I remember Admiral Gumataotao getting quite bent about the insinuation at Follies that he was infatuated with the sound of his own voice over the 1MC . . . even though that was God’s honest truth.