• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quitting USNA...

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I am one of those mids that left and wants a second shot at becoming an officer. I am not a prior and I posted my situation on the OCS page. Leaving the naval academy was probably the worst decision I ever made, and I would go back and start all over again at 22 years old if they would let me. I can vouch for the misery loves company idea. My roomate (a prior nuke, and 21 years old) left at the same time I did. Many times priors, and anyone else for that matter, will band together and talk sh-- about the naval academy. I believe that if my roomate and I were put in seperate rooms I would definitely still be there, but hind sight is 20/20. From the people I saw leave during the ac year they were a 2-1 ratio of priors to civilians. Alot of priors feel like they have been there and done that and now they are being demeaned (sp?), and I can understand that. The academy just has to be taken for what it is. To any of you guys that are mids or strive to be, stay away from people that are always negative, they will drag you down the wrong road with them. "Misery loves company." To help with your question, (sorry I may have gotten a little long winded there), I know classmates both from the naval academy and from naps that have been picked up for NROTC. When you leave your company officer and COC evaluates whether they think you should be considered for other commissioning sources and whether you are officer material. I don't think it is easy, but it can be done because I have seen it. I myself tried, but I now have to many credits to begin the program. So I'm gonna do all I can to get an OCS slot. Anyone know any admirals?...

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
A fellow Marine I went to OCS and TBS with dropped out of the USNA his plebe year and joined the PLC program. He's now in the Hornet Rag. So yes, it can be done. And NO, just because you drop out of the USNA doesn't mean you'll fly Hornets.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
E5B said:
And NO, just because you drop out of the USNA doesn't mean you'll fly Hornets.
What do you mean Correlation Does Not Equal Casusation? :icon_tong