• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quick T-45 question

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I think it was FAM-2 or 3 in the E-2, (the first USN plane I have flown where the AC actually works fairly well) and it went stupid on us. Stuck full cold. Would be OK, but it's getting dark and it's now foggin like a mother.

Me (to IP): Hey dude, is it supposed to work this well? (I'm fanning the fog trying to see the altimeter)
IP: No, turn it down.

I turn it down (as in warmer), no response.. I try auto. It gets worse.

Ended up doing more or less the last part of smoke/fume elimination with the ditching hatches open to keep the fog out. I'd never flown the E-2 with the hatches open, it was kinda neat. Windy as hell though.

Really? Was the B that bad? I mean I obviously haven't been in the Gulf or even Guam yet, but our A/C works fairly well and steams like a MOFO when it's on.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Really? Was the B that bad? I mean I obviously haven't been in the Gulf or even Guam yet, but our A/C works fairly well and steams like a MOFO when it's on.

Maybe thats because it's new, the F/H ECS sucks. It's pretty much useless.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

There's no parts to fix the plumbing so the only way to make it work better is to get your hands on reconditioned sound-proofing, which takes a loooooooong time or have a handy Airframer do some metal/composite work. In short, yes, most Bravos suck.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

Shit gets old, worn out, seals don't line up exactly like new. Lots of loss through the system so by the time it gets to you, there's not a lot coming out. Plus, unless you're going to the desert ecs doesn't exactly take the forefront on parts to fix. Compare that to your aircraft that's brand new, big difference.

Pags

N/A
pilot

No it doesn't. It doesn't do shit in the gulf and its not all that awesome in sultry VA because of the way it works. When the air outside is 140F, the magic air cycle machine can only make it so much colder, like 100F.