• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zb2k

When commisioning can I be guaranteed a pilot slot? I know I need to get a bachelor's degree, I know I need to work hard for that slot. My question is, can I know that I will get a pilot slot before I'm actually obligated to join the Navy?

Chubby

Yes. When you apply for OCS you will list up to 3(?) designators and are essentially applying for those positions within the Navy. If and when you are selected they will tell you for what position, IE - Student Naval Aviator. So you will know in advance what you will be doing should you complete OCS.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So what you really are asking is:

What % get guaranteed a pilot slot before joining in the Navy?

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DanielSon said:
% jokes are so last week...

Unless deemed necessary as in this case.

Re-read post #1 from new member zb2k.

I could perhaps suggest the search function as well...

pittflyer

This is why I can't get into Grad School
pilot
Okay, so if I do get picked up for an SNA slot, what are my chances for getting a June19th start date and finishing 1st in my class? Does finishing 1st in you class get you jets? AND, if I do get that start date, that will finish OCS close to the end of the fiscal year, so what are my chances for starting API right before the new fiscal year? Does starting API right before the end of the fiscal year get you jets? AND, if do get a start date before the first month of the fiscal year, does that increase my chances of going to Corpus? AND if I do get Corpus, what are my chances of getting VT-28? AND, if do get VT-28 what are my chances of flying tail # 12908...I hear that is the best bird to fly to increase your chances of jets?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
pittflyer said:
Okay, so if I do get picked up for an SNA slot, what are my chances for getting a June19th start date and finishing 1st in my class? Does finishing 1st in you class get you jets? AND, if I do get that start date, that will finish OCS close to the end of the fiscal year, so what are my chances for starting API right before the new fiscal year? Does starting API right before the end of the fiscal year get you jets? AND, if do get a start date before the first month of the fiscal year, does that increase my chances of going to Corpus? AND if I do get Corpus, what are my chances of getting VT-28? AND, if do get VT-28 what are my chances of flying tail # 12908...I hear that is the best bird to fly to increase your chances of jets?

Zb2k

pfft i wasnt asking what my chances of getting jets are reread my original question, especially you pittflyer. im asking if i need to be obligated to join the navy, before i can find out if i can become a pilot of any aircraft. you know start flight school whatever. chubby already told me the answer is yes i can find out before being obligated to join the navy so unless he is wrong just let this thread die

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Zb2k said:
im asking if i need to be obligated to join the navy, before i can find out if i can become a pilot of any aircraft.

Would you like to serve something bigger than yourself? Join up!

If you just want to fly and don't care much for the service aspect of it...save yourself, your peers and your family a lot of time and pain and look into civilian flight school.

Just a thought :icon_wink

Zb2k

i see your point but i was interested in joining the military, was looking at what i could do and came across aviation. if i were to make a career out of the military, it would be aviation, and nothing else. in term of just enlisting, ill probably do it no matter what if i decide i dont want to be in aviation.

batman527

Banned
Schnugg said:
Unless deemed necessary as in this case.

Re-read post #1 from new member zb2k.

I could perhaps suggest the search function as well...

Schnugg, what I said was just supposed to be joke. Sorry if I somehow offended you. It seems like anytime someone asks a question on this forum, somebody else makes a joke about % chance of this-or-that. Just poking fun at the whole forum. Sorry again. And zb2k doesn't ask for a percentage anywhere in his first post.

*edit, see zb2k's second post as well*

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DanielSon said:
Schnugg, what I said was just supposed to be joke. Sorry if I somehow offended you. It seems like anytime someone asks a question on this forum, somebody else makes a joke about % chance of this-or-that. Just poking fun at the whole forum. Sorry again. And zb2k doesn't ask for a percentage anywhere in his first post.

*edit, see zb2k's second post as well*

Slow down there, junior. As a civilian who's only been a forum member for 35 days, you're certainly trying to break out with an EP.

Relax a bit, you'll enjoy life more.

r/
Schnugg
Super Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.