• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcracer816

So I get this phone call from a Recruiter saying that somebody told him that I was interested in flying. I go in and talk to him and he puts on this whole big deal about PLC Aviation. He is telling me I will get all of this stuff left and right. He says I will work for it and I know I will work for it because it is the Marines. Basically I guess I'm just looking for views from people already in the service. How good is the PLC program. What are the chances of getting dropped from Flight School once you are in? How hard is it to get a seat in a Prowler? I just want to know some facts before I make a decision. Anything would be helpful. Since I am going to college for Aviation would I skip any part of Flight School? I'd have every rating besides my jet rating. I already have my private. Like I said any advice would help.

Thanks,
Robert

AviatorMR239

look around this site some more....there is plenty of info about the PLC program, and the aviation pipeline. Also there are a few healthy lectures on the "Marine first, pilot second" mentality floating around you may want to scan through.

As in anything in life it is a function of how hard you work for it and having a little luck along the way.

If you are in college for "Aviation" i'm assuming you are seeking some aeronautical science degree and ratings to groom yourself for an airline job. This is a whole different ballgame, and having commercial license may help a little, but won't make you a shoo-in for a slot.

Again i would suggest going back through some of the previous topics ont his site. There's way too much info to answer all your questions here. You'll find things out like there is a damn good chance you'll be flying a helicopter instead of a jet, or after 2-3 years of training you still have an 8 year commitment to fulfill, or the fact that won't fly everyday (or nowhere near the number of hours your buddys in the regionals are racking up.

I'm not trying to discourage you, it's a great opportunity, just your questions are pretty vauge, and after you look into it some more you'll understand why i say that.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.