• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions reguarding Flight School/ ROTC Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longcoy

I'm a senior in high school right now, and I will attend Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University next year. Though I've met with several AFROTC and NROTC reps and talked to several students currently enrolled in the ROTC programs, nobody has truly been able to answer some of the questions I have. I hope to graduate ERAU as an officer in either the Air Force or Navy, but I really would like to fly.

1) I plan on majoring in Aeronautical Engineering, would this help or hurt me in terms of becoming a pilot for either the Air Force or Navy?

2) I am not sure of what exactly I want to fly. I currently have my eye on being a fighter pilot, but one of the AF reps I spoke to said he was also interested in that path, until he pulled 8 g's in an F-15 and passed out in his seat. I was wondering if there is anything I can do in order to prepare my body for this kind of beating, and if there are any flights offered in fighter jets to the general public or anything of the sort?

3) From what I have heard, it is fairly difficult to be a Navy pilot. Exactly how hard is it to become a Navy pilot and what are the chances of being able to fly jets once you earn your wings?

4) (If anyone can answer this) I also heard that once commissioned as an officer in the AF, being a pilot is pretty simple, because a large amount of the AF flies. How many pilots actually fly fighter jets, and how difficult is it to become a fighter pilot for the AF?

I know after all the information I have been given it seems like I should know more about these subjects, but any answers I could get from someone who is a current pilot, AF or Navy, or anyone who has any hard knowledge on this information in general. Thank you.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I suggest you take a look around the website. All of your questions have been answered numerous times. After you have had some time to search through the site, I'm sure you'll be able to ask specific, informed questions. Good luck with the rest of high school and your pursuit of military aviation.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Please do a search. There is plenty of information here to help you. There are plenty of active duty aviators, myself included, who will be happy to give you advice. But if you choose this line of work, you will be expected to exercise some personal initiative. You're asking very general and common questions which have been asked time and again on this site. Please do some basic research yourself. Then, if you have more specific questions that you still can't find answers for, come back and we'll be glad to help.

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php/145474-Aspiring-mids-OCs-READ-THIS-FIRST!
http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php/141586-Best-Threads-updated-5-October-2009
http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/sh...Warrior’s-Standard-Operating-Procedures-(SOP)

Status
Not open for further replies.