• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions regarding training pipeline..

xbreaka

I'm sure I am going to sound like a complete tard with this question, but iv searched and searched and cant seem to get it straight.

Where does IFS fit into the training pipeline, I was always under the impression aswell as the information on the navy sites that it goes

Nrotc/Ocs/->API->Primary->Advanced->RAG->Fleet

So where does IFS fit into this entire equation, of is it an entirely separate program that I am getting mixed up with something?

Thanks

UMichfly

pilot
None
Between your commissioning source and API. If you're an Academy type, it may be done near the end of your time at the academy...for everyone else (unless I'm forgetting someone) it's generally the first thing you do when you get to P'cola, before you start API.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Where does IFS fit into the training pipeline, I was always under the impression aswell as the information on the navy sites that it goes

Nrotc/Ocs/->API->Primary->Advanced->RAG->Fleet

(Commissioning Source) NROTC or USNA or OCS.

IFS (could happen during your senior year if they have an accredited FAR141 flight school or you wait until you show up to Pensacola)

API

(Pipeline)

-ea6bflyr ;)

UMichfly

pilot
None
(Commissioning Source) NROTC or USNA or OCS.

IFS (could happen during your senior year if they have an accredited FAR141 flight school or you wait until you show up to Pensacola)

API

(Pipeline)

-ea6bflyr ;)

Standard caveat: Only if you're at the academy or if you're a Marine, TBS.

BENDER

pilot
Do you still go to IFS if your already have a PPL? Does it matter if it's FAR61 or 141?

xmid

pilot
Contributor
No. As of right now if you have a PPL you are IFS exempt. Of course that could change at any time...

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
To go even further, if you are solo-complete in your PPL syllabus, then you are IFS exempt... unless things have changed in the past couple of years.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
To go even further, if you are solo-complete in your PPL syllabus, then you are IFS exempt... unless things have changed in the past couple of years.
Actually I believe they have as I know a few people who have soloed who need to take IFS, but as Xmid said, that could change tomorrow.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Actually I believe they have as I know a few people who have soloed who need to take IFS, but as Xmid said, that could change tomorrow.

I believe you must have completed your solo x-country flight. If you can show them this logbook entry, then you'll be IFS exempt. And with the current backlog of SNAs in API, they'll be HAPPY to exempt you from IFS if it looks like you're legit.

Trainwreck

Got a little captain in ya?
Anyone got a link to all the different training locations for the respective pipelines? I know I've seen it somewhere at some point, but can't find it now. Thanks.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
API: NAS Pensacola
Primary: NAS Whiting Field, FL or NAS Corpus Christi, TX

Helo Advanced: NAS Whiting Field
Jet Advanced: NAS Meridian / NAS Kingsville
Maritime Advanced: NAS Corpus Christi

There are a few who go to more than one place (E2/C2 hits both VT-31 in Corpus and Kingsville, and Marine Osprey guys do VT-35 in Corpus and go to Whiting to learn to hover). I don't know where the FRS is for all the locations, though.