• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions for Flight Surgeon / NAMI from a winged aviator (in JO Sea tour)

Status
Not open for further replies.

navypilot555

Navy pilot
Hi, looking for advice -
I am currently a winged aviator (1310), in the middle of my first sea JO tour. I was granted a waiver for intervertebral disc disease from NAMI before flight school with No symptoms at the time. I am looking for someone to help me understand how my medical status would be affected if I seek treatment / care from my doc if I start to develop more severe back pain related to this at this time. How would my waiver hold? If my back pain does not return to normal, what would happen to my flight status / career?

I am only able to find information on waiver criteria in the reference guide but unclear if it revokes waiver and if possible to reapply or would I be to redes / POCR?

13.4 INTERVERTEBRAL DISC DISEASE
https://www.med.navy.mil/Portals/62/Documents/NMFSC/NMOTC/NAMI/ARWG/Waiver Guide/ARWG COMPLETE_210811.pdf?ver=_pLPzFrtl8E2swFESnN4rA==

Quote Reply

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks like you got answers in the other threads you posted, so I’m going to close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.