• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions about package

madiego

I've looked all over this form but couldn't find specific answers to questions I have about my OCS package.

1) How would I attach "official" transcripts from my college to the application itself? Is there some digital copy that I may receive from my college itself that is attached to the package?

2) I read people talk about "MEPS" yet I'm not completely understanding what they mean by that. Im currently enlisted in the Navy and understand that I have to go back to MEPS to be medically cleared for my application to OCS?

3) When I get my interviews from officers, is there a time limit to how long that interview is valid? I don't see anything in the 1420.1B OPNAV about this but still curious.

4) The same applies to the ASTB-E, is there a time limit to when that score is valid or is it a lifelong score (as im understanding it).

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I've looked all over this form but couldn't find specific answers to questions I have about my OCS package.

1) How would I attach "official" transcripts from my college to the application itself? Is there some digital copy that I may receive from my college itself that is attached to the package?

2) I read people talk about "MEPS" yet I'm not completely understanding what they mean by that. Im currently enlisted in the Navy and understand that I have to go back to MEPS to be medically cleared for my application to OCS?

3) When I get my interviews from officers, is there a time limit to how long that interview is valid? I don't see anything in the 1420.1B OPNAV about this but still curious.

4) The same applies to the ASTB-E, is there a time limit to when that score is valid or is it a lifelong score (as im understanding it).

Reach out to your CCC and find an officer mentor or two to help you out. I am suspecting you haven’t don’t either yet…

madiego

Reach out to your CCC and find an officer mentor or two to help you out. I am suspecting you haven’t don’t either yet…
I have reached out to my CCC and asked multiple officers onboard my ship, they are unsure of these questions I have as well. Which is why I am reaching out on here.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I have reached out to my CCC and asked multiple officers onboard my ship, they are unsure of these questions I have as well. Which is why I am reaching out on here.

Just wanted to clarify something here… you are saying your CCC doesn’t know how to submit an OCS package?

madiego

I'm not saying that. My CCC is fairly new and doesn't know the answer to the SPECIFIC questions I have just asked.

exNavyOffRec

I get that CCC's have minimal knowledge on OCS programs, but this seems like the CCC and the officers you asked know nothing at all or do they just not like you? How large of a command are you at? I just find this hard to believe, not that it couldn't be true, just surprising it is.

I can’t speak for recruiters nor can I answer any of the other questions. HOWEVER, I believe that my attachment, it means ensuring that your recruiter has official copies. A lot of schools are using Parchment (a service, not paper) or similar service rather than snail mail so they can be electronically transmitted to an email address (the person working your package) or snail mailed to an address.

I frankly don’t understand why we can’t upload our own copies; after all, they contain the same information! But that’s a separate topic.

Teshauna

Speaking on how I did everything as AD.
1) got all my documents together including official transcripts from my schools, scanned them at the same time to my CAC, and sent it to Mr. Celestin in two separate attachments: one for medical, one for the application

2) I applied for aviation and the only medical portion I did was what’s on the OCS checklist.

3) my TSD rep said they were good for my first package, a year I believe he said, so I got new ones done with different officers, as well as my first flag endorsement for my second

4) ASTB is lifelong scores with only three attempts

I will always advocate for answering active duty posts because I had an extremely hard time with getting my packages together due to lack of knowledge on my command’s part, regardless of all my research. Feel free to DM me with any other questions.

Speaking on how I did everything as AD.
1) got all my documents together including official transcripts from my schools, scanned them at the same time to my CAC, and sent it to Mr. Celestin in two separate attachments: one for medical, one for the application

2) I applied for aviation and the only medical portion I did was what’s on the OCS checklist.

3) my TSD rep said they were good for my first package, a year I believe he said, so I got new ones done with different officers, as well as my first flag endorsement for my second

4) ASTB is lifelong scores with only three attempts

I will always advocate for answering active duty posts because I had an extremely hard time with getting my packages together due to lack of knowledge on my command’s part, regardless of all my research. Feel free to DM me with any other questions.
Would you say the same time frames apply for an LOR? I have no clue how long before you should get an updated one. If you’re submitting 1 or more packages in a FY are you using those same interview sheets until the next year?