• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions about NFO

chromie

This is my first post on this website, but I am very interested in becoming a NFO, especially one in an EA-18G or P8. However, I am not currently in NROTC, and I’m in my second semester of sophomore year in college. What are my chances of being selected to go to NFO flight school if I go the OCS route? Also, is there any vision requirements to become a NFO besides having it correctable to 20/20?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
42%

In all seriousness search around this website to learn more about the OCS process. In short, you apply for a Navy officer program first and if selected, then attend OCS.

Similarly, search the NAMI guide and check out this page to learn more about medical / program requirements to apply for NFO.

chromie

42%

In all seriousness search around this website to learn more about the OCS process. In short, you apply for a Navy officer program first and if selected, then attend OCS.

Similarly, search the NAMI guide and check out this page to learn more about medical / program requirements to apply for NFO.
Do you apply to OCS before you join the Navy, or after?

chromie

You apply before…

Just like any other job out there, you have to apply and be selected by a selection board in order to join.
Oh, ok. Will having an engineering degree help me get selected to OCS? Also, do you ask the recruiter about wanting to do NFO? I’m sorry for all of these questions, the last time I was interested in the military was before my vision went to crap around 10 years ago

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Oh, ok. Will having an engineering degree help me get selected to OCS? Also, do you ask the recruiter about wanting to do NFO? I’m sorry for all of these questions, the last time I was interested in the military was before my vision went to crap around 10 years ago

Engineering degree = Not really.

For talking to an officer recruiter = Yes you will tell them what you want to apply for.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If your college has NROTC, go talk to one of the LTs and they can also help you out. They are LTs and JOs first, before their "instructor of Naval Science" title.
OP, the NROTC guys may try and talk you into College Program or 2 year scholarship, if they have them. That is OK. They will still talk to you about flying and the training, if they have wings. If they came in via OCS they can talk about that too.

chromie

If your college has NROTC, go talk to one of the LTs and they can also help you out. They are LTs and JOs first, before their "instructor of Naval Science" title.
My college doesn’t have a NROTC. One of my friends dad went to the Naval Academy, so I might try and talk to him about it

jakebacc

44 5/7/7; GPA: 3.46; Pro-Rec: Y SNFO; Class 02-23
Hey been doing some research and can’t seem to find a straight answer. Does a WSO in the super hornet or a EWO in a growler have final release controls for any weapons systems? If so which weapons systems? I know they laze targets for air to ground, but do they have final release? I’ve heard air to air final release for WSO (like an AMRAAM)

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Hey been doing some research and can’t seem to find a straight answer. Does a WSO in the super hornet or a EWO in a growler have final release controls for any weapons systems? If so which weapons systems? I know they laze targets for air to ground, but do they have final release? I’ve heard air to air final release for WSO (like an AMRAAM)
Jake - you've asked this several times on the website and people have politely told you they aren't going to answer. Stop posting it in multiple threads.