• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions about NASIS

Yvan_eht_Nioj

Hello AirWarriors! I have a few questions regarding filling out my NASIS; I hope this is an appropriate place to ask about it.

I've lived in several places abroad over the last 7 years, and one of the locations is not listed as a selectable option in NASIS. For now, I have the entered in the street name and the closest city that appears on NASIS and mentioned in the additional notes section that the town is actually different than what was available on the NASIS selection. Is this acceptable? I'm not sure how I else I would submit this information.

Additionally, at the same address, I have my boss at the time as my reference. However, he was also a cohabitant; I was doing an internship with his company and lived with him and his family. NASIS asks that you provide a reference who was not a cohabitant, however I don't have anyone else that I could ask to be a reference for this address. Would listing my boss as my reference be acceptable if I explain the situation in the notes?

Related to the internship, would I need to list my internships abroad during university as "Foreign Job Offers?" I have them listed under my employment history of course, but I'm not sure if these would count as job offers per se (I was never offered a full-time position, nor did I receive a wage or stipend from the organizations I interned with).

Thanks for reading, any advice would be much appreciated.

villo0692

as someone who has undergone several TS/SCI investigations, I'd say that so long you wrote something on the comments sections explaining whatever deserves an explanation, you should be okay, an investigator might call you and ask you about it just to clear everything up. In my experience all these investigators tend to be really understanding about candidate's circumstances, so I honestly wouldn't sweat it. As far as the internships, if they were through your US university and were used to work towards your degree here in the US, it should be fine, again, you will be able to explain this to an investigator if/when they call

this is based on my specific experience, I was not born in the US, and it all turned out just fine for me

good luck

I recently went through this for my GS job and now again for OCS Application for my time in Peace Corps. My address was not legit nor was the address for my reference who knew me at that address so I listed the nearest known landmark in the town and wrote an explanation as to my reference and I's address. I had to speak with an investigator an explain the same exact thing I wrote in the comments.

As far as the job goes, I would confirm with your recruiter. Again, speaking from my experience when I did this for my GS job OPM told me don't list it as it wasn't full time employment. Hopefully that makes sense.

Let me know what your recruiter says if you do speak with them. I'm curious to know what is said.

Squirrel Girl

I lived with a host family in China and then dorms in South Korea -- I did not have the address for my host family in Shanghai and I just explained the situation that I lived with them for my education. As someone else said, heavily utilize the additional information/notes section. List your boss as both and explain the situation in both sections. You will still probably have to re-explain yourself, but generally it is not a big deal, especially for education reasons. I received a phone back to re-explain, then was good to go.

exNavyOffRec

Hello AirWarriors! I have a few questions regarding filling out my NASIS; I hope this is an appropriate place to ask about it.

I've lived in several places abroad over the last 7 years, and one of the locations is not listed as a selectable option in NASIS. For now, I have the entered in the street name and the closest city that appears on NASIS and mentioned in the additional notes section that the town is actually different than what was available on the NASIS selection. Is this acceptable? I'm not sure how I else I would submit this information.

Additionally, at the same address, I have my boss at the time as my reference. However, he was also a cohabitant; I was doing an internship with his company and lived with him and his family. NASIS asks that you provide a reference who was not a cohabitant, however I don't have anyone else that I could ask to be a reference for this address. Would listing my boss as my reference be acceptable if I explain the situation in the notes?

Related to the internship, would I need to list my internships abroad during university as "Foreign Job Offers?" I have them listed under my employment history of course, but I'm not sure if these would count as job offers per se (I was never offered a full-time position, nor did I receive a wage or stipend from the organizations I interned with).

Thanks for reading, any advice would be much appreciated.

Whatever questions can't be answered directly they will get to the bottom of with the truth serum they administer :D , just kidding do the best you can, there are people behind this process and they will help you figure it out.