• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

questions about getting in to OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddstoller

i am hoping to become either a pilot or a NFO (like everyone else). i was wondering if it looks bad to have too many schools on your transcripts. i have an AA degree from one school, an AS degree from another school, and i am working on my BS at another school. i also have classes from two other schools, so i have been to six schools total. i have also had about a dozen jobs in the past six years. i had to move around alot in the past, but now i am more stable.

i was also wondering about my driving record. i have had a speeding ticket and four stop sign tickets in the past five years.

i heard that they now want NFOs and pilots to have degrees in either aviation or engineering. is that true? my degree will be in education, but i am an instrument rated pilot and an aircraft mechanic. (if that helps)

thanks for your help

todd

binary_choice

Final Select SNA
With regards to your degree question... I have neither an aviation nor engineerng degree and I'm going to OCS in Dec for Pilot... So that myth is false.
Whether if looks good or not to have all those schools doesn't really matter, you'll still have to put them on your app. Again you'll have to list the jobs you've had.... not so sure about the driving stuff, but a recruiter would tell you the specifics of what you have to declare.
One thing you do have is the personal statement where you can kinda sell yourself and maybe show how you've progressed... It's always good to see a person doing better and better, committee's like that. just my 2 cents.

R

RickyDT34

I think it depends on how well you did at all of those schools. I also have credit from six different schools but my cumulative GPA was 3.8/4.0. I think GPA is more important than number of schools attended. As far as your major, I think they like someone with an engineering degree because it requires a certain amount of aptitude in calculus and physics to complete that degree but being selected isn't dependent on your degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.