• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

questions about depression waiver

gsxr600k6

Hello All,

I was honorably discharged from the Marine Corps back in 2004. I was going through a rough point in my life and was discharged for depression. I lost a family member very close to me before shipping out and the sting didn't go away for sometime. At my MOS school, I was discharged with a code of RE-3P...it says it's a disqualifies me from OCS...but I have heard there are waivers or even the chance of trying to change the re code.

From what I have read from BCNR, trying to change the re code takes a lot of time and work...with pretty much only one shot at it.

So in lieu of that, I was trying research if it's possible to waive this? I have seen waivers around here for depression but they seem to be oriented for non prior service.

Also, I found this in the COMNAVCRUITCOM Manual:

b. Medical Conditions which may be Submitted for Waiver Consideration. Applicants who appear to be, in all other respects, qualified for commission but reveal a history of one or more of the following conditions shall be advised that treatment records or a summary from their attending physician will be of value to the MEPS physician during the pre-commission physical examination and may reduce the possibility of temporary medical disqualification (note that this list is not all-inclusive).

(10) History of Psychiatric disorders such as mood, personality, conduct, or behavior disorder. History of ADD/ADHD with medication use. (Must provide medical treatment records/transcripts regarding work or school performance after discontinuation of medication. Applicant must have been off medication for one year.)

I have talked to three OSO offices and they all seem to say, that I am either disqualified or to change the re code. These people are also unfamiliar with what a 3p is, so I don't get the impression they would know about a waiver.

Any tips or guidance would be very much appreciated. (Sorry for the lengthy post)

Thanks in advance.

jpmatta16

go to marineocs.com and there is a gentleman in there that is a HR for an OSO he may be able to help you... hes helped me alot. this is his username ICTHRUCHAOS. good luck