• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions about DCO

Osvet

Oh - so there's no "dual qualified?" That's what I had in the AF - I was 14N4 and 16F (Intell and FAO)

unbroken

Naval officer
No. Uncle Sugar pays for your travel expenses and per diem. When you get done, you file a travel claim that includes expenses, including things like mileage to the airport from your home, parking, taxis, etc. Knock on wood, but the Navy has always been quick to close out my travel claims - usually within a week.

There is such a thing known as "No cost IDTT orders", where you would end up paying for your own travel - going to DCO school is not one of those cases, though.

FYSA, at present you do not get a per diem for DCOIC since chow is provided (mandated?) by the schoolhouse.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Oh - so there's no "dual qualified?" That's what I had in the AF - I was 14N4 and 16F (Intell and FAO)
You can be fully qualified in more than one area, however, you will have a primary designator that drives everything. I started off as an Intel officer and then changed to IP. I am fully qualified in both, but IP is my primary and is what drives unit assignments, etc.

Hail_HYDRA!

One more question...
Question: Could you have started and fully qualified in Intel, studied IP's PQS material and eventually pass the associated oral board and such and have the BASIC IP AQD added to your record without having to change designators and remain as an Intel Officer?

Last edited:

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Question: Could you have started and fully qualified in Intel, studied IP's PQS material and eventually pass the associated oral board and such and have the BASIC IP AQD added to your record without having to change designators and remain as an Intel Officer?
you'd have to get a waiver.