• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions.....A Lot of Them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbulent_Serenity

First off, Im new here first post but i already like this place. and figured id start off with a little about me.

17 y/o M Enlisted Navy DEP
4YO/AICR
Ship Date for RTC: 01 JUL 2004

Im here because I joined to fly..dont we all.
I originally started joining by going through the Naval Academy, That didnt work out I would have had to wait a year after i graduate to apply again because i had not taken the SAT yet and the deadline was there so that didnt quite work out. Im the type of person that must stay busy if i dont use it i lose it type, so i went ahead and Enlisted.

After RTC I go to my A School in Pensacola, and i was told just for completing that i should in the area of over 20 credits. So First Question would be how many would i need to obtain a B.S.?

Recently i was contacted by my District Trainer saying that he was contacting all DEPers that seemed to Qualify for the NROTC Scholarship. I called back and left a message still no response..but i figured that..if there is one thing i learned at MEPS it was "Hurry Up and Wait". But What i know of it, is that it provides 100% Tuition and a base pay of $250 a month for the first 2 years of your 4 then it ups to 350. And supposedly you only have to buy your meals. After 4 years you get your commission. Pretty Sweet Deal, but i talked to my recruiter and he said that if were to go through RTC and my A School then apply for it and get it, in stead of the $250 id be making my base pay like i would normally as active enlisted. SO i was wondering is it harder to get it after RTC and A school?

I was wondering if there are any other means of getting a fairly quick commision going the enlisted route and if so what should i do to obtain it? I have a vast Medically oriented background, and they initially wanted me to do EMT Rescue swimmer, but i took AirCrewman (most likely AT) with the impression that if i took an Enlisted Aviation Field itd up my chances for AOCS if i excelled.

Any Info you can give is extremely appreciated.

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
I had to have 180 credits to graduate (quarter system), 82 of them had to be in my Major. A full load was 16 credits, usually four, 4 credit classes. So 48 credits per 3 quarter/year. To get most degrees it will take over the minimum graduation requirements I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.