• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greaper007

You're entering a world of pain
I've been noticing that there seem to be a lot of Marine people on here interested in Helo's. I know that the people with the top grades in flight school are the ones that get jet slots. However, it seems like there are a lot of Marines that would rather fly Helo's. Case in point, when I was at my flight physical last week the flight surgeon (air force) asked me what I wanted to fly, I gave him the company line "Anything the Marines let me." He laughed and said the most common response he got from Marines was Cobras. So is this isolated behaviour I've been noticing, or does this seem to be trend?

p.s. I don't want to infer that I think Helo's are second class aircraft in anyway. I think Helo missions, especially in the Marines, are pretty f'ing cool. It's just that I grew up with a fighter pilot father who had a somewhat narrow view of the aviation community ( F-14's at the top then everything else below). So I'm just trying to get a more realistic view of the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.