• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adadas_1

I've been reading that some people were cleared on anthros to go to jets but not helos, vive versa. But what if a student is ONLY cleared for jets (If that's possible). Let's say that student doesnt do too well in Primary and gets mediocre grades. It is clear he won't be able to handle the pressure of Jet Training, what happens to him then? This is just a question that I've been wondering about for awhile. Thanks for any response.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
First off, given the anthro requirements, it would be impossible to get only jets. If a Navy student can not handle jets, he may be recycled into E-2's or P-3's. If a Marine SNA fails because of grades, he will find himself in a support MOS. The Navy is much more lenient in this capacity. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

vicki

They will not single pipeline you to jets because you might not meet the requirements in Primary. You can be single pipelined to props or helos, or fit in one of those plus jets. I've been there, done that. I had to be able to fit in an SH-60 before they'd let me class up for API because I don't fit in a T-44 (trainer for props).

Jeff

If it were possible to be disqualified from helos and props, then you would still have to receive a 50 NSS to go into jets.

hwood

Hey everyone, I'm set to go to OCS starting Oct. 26th and I'm enrolled in the NFO program. I have a couple questions, first is it possible to request a switch from NFO to pilot after graduation? Also, what is the Aviation Physical like? I'm assuming that it's a lot more extensive than what I experienced at MEPS; but I'm wondering in what ways it differs. I thank you all in advance for all of your insight, and I'm looking forward to becoming part of the best aviation community in the world! jd.

Dave Shutter

Hwood...

Do you mean Oct 26' of this year? If so then you'll be in class with me, Tahoe and Sam M. Let me know when your going down there, maybe we can all get together before hand or something.

I'm flying down Oct. 27...

Dave

hwood

Hey Dave,
yes I mean this year. Right now I'm in Palm Beach Fl and I have to go back to Pittsburgh to finish up all the paperwork and get sworn in. I'm also trying to get all of the memorization stuff in line too. I'll be driving down there on the 25th so I can feel out the area a bit. So what program are you going for? Talk to you soon, take care... jd.

Tahoe

hwood,

Sweet, another person in class 11-02!! I'm going to drive down starting on the 23rd, maybe get there a day or so soon so JWN and Vicki and show me around and get my bearings straight. There are a bunch of us going in so we should try to get together on the 27th and talk.

-Dave

hwood

Dave,
That's great. I'm anxious to get to know everyone, b/c this is going to be a great experience for all of us. I do have one question though. How do you know the class #? There is nothing on my acceptance letter that tells me what it is. Take care and I'll talk to you on the 27th if not sooner. jd.

Tahoe

I wrote the CO of OCS and asked some various questions, that information was provided to me at that time.

Tahoe

what time are you guys going to check in? I'm going to get my orders stamped on Saturday and report around 10:00 on Sunday. Maybe we should report at the same time, get together that Sunday morning, have some coffee and walk over together. I also suggest having dinner or something on Saturday night...that would be fun.

-Dave

fn

Welcome aboard! Finally, fresh meat. All kidding aside, congratulations. I am a 9th week OC looking forward to the Candy-O phase. Additionally, I am also a NFO to pilot wanabee. You can't change your designator here(I've tried) but there are rumors that it may be possible at API, but these may just be rumors. If you know of something different, let me know. Have fun during INDOC week.

hwood

Thanks a lot. I've heard that was the way it is unfortunately. But, as you told me I also heard that there is a chance once we get to API. Good Luck to you and I hope you get a slot. I finally got most of the memorization stuff down...now if only this next week would 'fly' by so I can stop being so darn anxious....=) Take care

Dave Shutter

Once again...different Recruiters: different ballgame! I have been trying to get contact info for OCS from my Recruiters for a week now. The response: "You are not allowed to talk to OCS at all until you get there!"

Thanx for the class # Tahoe, I wanted that info exactly so I can forward my mail!

One question though: 11-02? I thought the year # was for the year you started, not the year you graduate, and if it is for when we graduate then how can there be ten classes graduating ahead of us by Feb? Do you mind E-mailing me the CO's contact info. I don't think he'll mind If I ask him a few questions.

It seems like I'll be the only one so far flying in. I've heard there's a shuttle bus and I've heard there isn't a shuttle bus but I've been offered a ride by someone already down there. I'm totally up for a decent meal and a couple brews Sat. night before the fun starts if anyone else wants to? I've also heard we will get put up in the "Q" (1 bdrm apts) and I've also heard we'll be put in Enlisted barracks and "monitored" Sat. night so we'll see.

FN: Nice to meet one of our future Candy O's, quick question: when is the PRT, is it Tuesday? Who administers it? Will it be the Candy O's or staff other than our team, I hear we don't even see them until Thurs. morning. Joy!

...Man, COC is a pain to memorize, just big paragraphs!

INDOC Candidate Shutter, SNA.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dave,
The year # is for the fiscal year which starts October 1. Why its that way, one can only guess. The class that just graduated was class 01-02. We'll be ten classes after them. Oh man am I excited.

Sam

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.