• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

QUESTION

Gibby28

Hello all,

I am new to this site and was hoping to receive some advice and direction. I am employed as a Deputy US Marshal, but I have always had a dream of being in the military as well. I recently applied for the Reserve Navy Intel commission, but was not selected. Honestly, I thought I had a good chance, having a law enforcement background, and Master's Degree, but I fell short. A few people have told me that it's very difficult to come in as a person "off the street", so to speak. I really want to give it another shot, but would like some advice on what I can do differently to prepare for the next board!

Thanks in advance!

azguy

None
As they say, apply early and often!

Getting an intel background in your day job would very likely help your chances at the next board. JTTF, JIATF. That way you can say you're already part of the club.

Gibby28

Thanks for the response!

Those jobs are few and far between, but I will keep my eyes and ears open!