• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

klostman

the happy dance!
I was just curious, I'm getting my application all put together for PLC aviation, and my concern is my high school transcript is sorta weak. In that, I mean few sports played no kinds of awards, and my GPA was a 2.9. Even in college, my grades got better, but no sports or anytype of awards. I sorta got myself into financial trouble right out of high school and had to work during school ever since. Well 3 years later I'm out of debt, but still feel I have kind of a weak application to give the marines. I guess my question is, if I do well enough on the ATSB and PFT, is that enough for an average joe to offset an otherwise average application? BTW, this forum has been a huge help to me. Reading posts from Jarhead, Frumby, E5B, and everybody else I forgot to mention has really helped me a lot. I hope to join you guys in the Marines someday.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Klostman

I was somewhat in the same boat you were. After my 4 years of active service I was in debt, just like most youngsters. My high school grades were terrible and I didn't play any college sports. I had a 272 PFT (poor for my standards) and 5-6-6 on ATSB ( not that great). My college GPA ended up being 3.4. My wife and I finally have ahold of our debts. Point is....I was by no means an "outstanding" applicant, I was worried myself, and was accepted. Don't sweat it. Now I have API to worry about, it never ends, hee hee.

"You forgot your furtune cookie"

Dirty Harry

klostman

the happy dance!
appreciate it E5B. It is just the beginning. As they say, Why worry about today when you have tommorrow to worry about?

The Wiz

klost, man i was in the same boat as you in high school as far as the GPA, mine was like a 2.8, but I hope my hard work in college pays off

klostman

the happy dance!
Wiz, glad to know I wasn't the only one out there. It just concerns me cause I know its not a true relection of my intellegence. However, thats what you get for screwing around in high school and the first two years of college (at least in my case). Anyways, I 'm hoping my PFT will offset my marginal GPA. My OCO seems to think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.