• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question on swearing in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryphon

hello,

question for you guys. once getting final selected, i hear they give you a tentative OCS date. my question is, after getting final selected, how long after do you have to swear in? do you have to immediately? or can you do it just before your OCS date? because swearing in is your official "I commit to the Navy". right? and there's no backing out.

reason i am asking is because usually it is a minimum of like 4 months in between final select and your OCS date. that is a a lot of time. what if another gold mine opportunity comes up in the meantime before your actual OCS date.

i really want to go don't get me wrong. you never know what may come up though. i just don't want to be locked into something 4-6 months before i actually attend it. thanks guys for the gouge.

Random_Guy

Mr. Nelson
That is correct. Also, you can always quit once you are in at no obligation (if you come from a civilian status).

R

RickyDT34

Random_Guy said:
That is correct. Also, you can always quit once you are in at no obligation (if you come from a civilian status).
Are there any long term repercussions to quiting? Can you still be hired as a GS employee if you quit at OCS? I know that if you do not complete your obligation you are ineligible for federal service but is that quiting only after OCS?

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
IF you DOR at OCS, and you don't owe the government anything (as in BDCP or similar programs), then you were, for all practical purposes, never in the military.

A thought, however. If you are still this unsure about it, maybe you should be asking different questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.