• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question for recruiters

JohnH

As a recent Non select I am trying to fix areas I am weak in and explore other options. One option is to try the air force, which has a much higher selection rate though not as cook. One did I sign anything that would prevent me from looking elsewhere and two, as a recruiter, would it upset you a candidate was also talking to another branch?

exNavyOffRec

As a recent Non select I am trying to fix areas I am weak in and explore other options. One option is to try the air force, which has a much higher selection rate though not as cook. One did I sign anything that would prevent me from looking elsewhere and two, as a recruiter, would it upset you a candidate was also talking to another branch?

I am guessing auto-correct got you on a few words..

I wouldn't care if a person looked at other services, to me it was just as if the person was looking for a job, some of the designators we have are hard to get in to.

I would talk to an AF recruiter, I did run into a few that had been working with candidates for years, telling them just wait and a board for XXX will happen soon, things may have changed but a few years ago when I would talk to my counterparts in the USAF seeing what they were looking for it was people with engineering degrees for engineering jobs, so while you may have been told they have higher selection rates I would ask them pointed questions about what jobs.

jenn_cjsk

Obviously I'm not a recruiter but I was actually applying navy and Air Force at the same time. While my recruiter with the navy was completely fine with it, my recruiter with the Air Force told me that she would not process my application while I was working with another branch. I ended up finding another recruiter but he wanted my word that if I was offered a position both in the navy and the Air Force that I would choose Air Force. I ended up not applying with the Air Force. Not sure if you're applying with the navy again, but just thought I'd share! Hopefully your experience is different than mine!