• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

question for pensacola guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

olympianchc

Fox Co....TBS
I alread passed my air physical for the marine corps, but will I be given another flight physical when I get down to pensacola? Just curious, because the physical wasnt the most fun experience of my life.

thanks in advance

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
You could think of OCS as a weeding-out process, and a seriously stressful one at that. Personally, I took a different route to my USMC commission (USNA), so I can't speak to the particulars. But I did do recruit training at Parris Island, and all the Sergeant Instructors at Quantico were Drill Instructors first. TBS is all about learning the basics of being a Marine Officer, to include uniforms, fundamental infantry tactics, structure of the Marine Corps, etc, etc, etc. There's quite a bit of field time and lots of land navigation practice, but it's nothing that thousands of other people haven't been able to handle. Besides, quite a lot of it is actually pretty damn fun, like throwing live grenades, firing various weapons, introduction to explosives, and even land nav (if you're into that sort of thing). Overall, TBS was a pretty good time for me, even though there were a few times when it genuinely sucked.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
The physical here isn't as long, they don't actually have a flight surgeon look at you. You do all the hearing and eye tests and the body measurements, then have a flight surgeon sign your upchit. And you've got to do the whole thing again once your birthday comes up.

SFgirl

I just had my air physical yesterday (applying for NFO) at an AFB Aviation Medical Branch... everything that could be determined right then (measurements, EKG, etc.) wsa good to go, but even though my eyes are correctable to 20/20, the AF Optometrist said something like I am "a little high" for AF standards in my refraction, but that it was withing waiverable limits for AF Nav... Does anyone know how the AF vs. Navy/USMC limits compare?

Status
Not open for further replies.