• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question for all those who can help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

A final bit of advice on problematic application submissions. The road to wings is a long one, as I am finding out more every day. I've had more set-backs than I can keep count of. Currently I need to get a pollup yanked out of my left nostril so I can finish the Pressure Chamber and get the hell out of API. You may have been a superstar who slept through college and might very well sleep through OCS and API, but sooner or later in the long winding road to wings your going to hit a wall of some type. Everyone does. If you let a little adversity coming out of the gate get the best of you then maybe you're applying for the wrong job. If you come back as not selected, oh well: needs of the Navy that given week. Get used to it because it will determine everything you get to do pretty much. Re-test, re-apply, re-submit and never quit! If you told any of my past recruiters I would get pilot they would have passed out laughing, well there's a Pilot training folder down in student control with my name on it earmarked for TRAWING 5. Best of luck!

kraemer77

I would like to thank everyone for their advice. I am going to turn in my kit ASAP. No need to wait...we shall see what happens.

Kraemer77

cman

Kraemer, I think you and I are in the same boat. I'm turning my package in in the next few weeks as well. So, keep me posted on anything you hear.

Chris

gonzo

kraemer-

i am from atlanta as well. i am studying for the oar to take next month. have you had problems with the recruiter here in atlanta? i am going for supply corps since i have a b.s. in finance from auburn. i am trying to get my paperwork together so i can submit my package next month when i take the test

Hudson

Out of your nose...ouch! My eyes are watering just thinking about it. Thanks for the advice. I resubmit at the end of October with any luck.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Dave, at least they aren't drilling out your sinus cavity! I remember a couple guys in primary that flew when they shouldn't have and @#$%#$@ themselves up. Med down for close to 6 months, plus the pain of surgery.... yech... Another reason to ALWAYS carry a spray bottle of Afrin with you, I still do.

aviatormo

Kraemer77,

At this point I would wait. The only reason I say that is because I started talking to my recruiter around Oct 01'. I finished my physical, ASTB, PRT, and paper work by middle of March 02'. With in 1 1/2 weeks my recruiter got back to me with good news. My recruiter was the OPO superviser and was a LCDR, so I don't know if that made a difference. From what I am reading on this forum and from what I have been told by my recruiter, they dont need as many pilots as they are full for this fiscal year. If you need a medical waiver that is only going to prolong the paperwork. I don't see any harm with submitting your packet now, but from my experience it will be easier to get in when there are a lot more slots available.

Moses Smith

kraemer77

Gonzo:

I am not too pleased with the recruiters at NRD Atlanta. In their defense, I am a prior service applicant with a Med discharge--asthma, and this takes some time but that doesn't mean I should be counted out. Overall, I recommend that you stay on top of everything and make them work for you. So be relentless--because in the end you want yourself in the Navy more than they do--despite any quota.

Aviatormo:

My recruiter dropped the ball on my kit, so it did not even go out to TN until Monday, Sept 23rd. I also decided to drop aviation, mostly because my scores were not competitive and the overall competition but also because of the extend wait for OCS--many dates are not being given till '04. I really just want to be an officer--and I am interested in Supply, SWO, and Intel. I am not sure of my fate though because my scores were fairly low, which I can assure the board is not indicative of my intelligence--I am just not good at math and that kills my score every time. If things do not work out I will just retake the ASTB and get a tutor.

Good luck to all with current and pending kits.

Kraemer77

skysedge

It's true, by the end of the year there just aren't any more slots. Same thing holds true when your selecting your platforms after primary. If you select near the end of the fical year your chances of getting helos or E-2/C-2's is pretty good reguardless of how high an NSS you have. So relax and enjoy the time you have to kill, trust me.

ghost_ttu

From what I've been told they only have 120 slots for FY 04. As of right now they are not putting anymore slots out.

Adrenaline have you called to get your ASTB scores yet? I'm curious what those are.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

ghost_ttu

well, don't let your being pissed get in the way of you studying the marine guide and retesting, that is something that you can fix the minute you are eligible to take the test again and then resubmit in a matter of a couple weeks.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Status
Not open for further replies.