• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about what to bring to OCS...

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
SERIOUSLY!?!? Man, I just spent that money on t-shirts, underwear, socks and towels... great...

GlennH

Its funny you bring that up, I was in pcola inspecting the barracks of the aircrew school attrites, which used to be OCS barracks(the ones in the same building as the galley) and we found a Pocket vagina hidden above the ceiling tiles of the laundry room. It looked pretty old, something perhaps of the days of OCS occupation. Im not sayin you should bring one, but we all got a good laugh out of it.

hahaha i hope no one touched that thing

ClutchS306

BTW, don't show up with all of the other stupid shit the OCS website says like underwear shirts and boxers. I made that mistake. Save your money, they issue EVERYTHING you will need.

If you bring these are they going to send them home? Does it come in handy to have extra shirts and underwear and socks when the RLP inspection comes? Say by wearing the ones you brought and getting the ones they issued you ready for RLP.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
If you bring these are they going to send them home? Does it come in handy to have extra shirts and underwear and socks when the RLP inspection comes? Say by wearing the ones you brought and getting the ones they issued you ready for RLP.

Don't worry about having "Too many" white shirts and underwear. You'll want 3 of each that you'll starch the hell out of and not touch for RLP. The more you have of each, the longer you can go without doing laundry, which in my book is a good thing.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Its funny you bring that up, I was in pcola inspecting the barracks of the aircrew school attrites, which used to be OCS barracks(the ones in the same building as the galley) and we found a Pocket vagina hidden above the ceiling tiles of the laundry room. It looked pretty old, something perhaps of the days of OCS occupation. Im not sayin you should bring one, but we all got a good laugh out of it.

Was it the laundry room in Bat 1 or 2? If it is the one over the old chow hall (facing Aircrew School) then it is probably circa 2006...we had a lot of Submariners in that class...

Cleonard19

Contributor
Was it the laundry room in Bat 1 or 2? If it is the one over the old chow hall (facing Aircrew School) then it is probably circa 2006...we had a lot of Submariners in that class...

He said pocket Vagina, not pocket asshole.

(If you can't laugh at yourself...)

lefty10228

Actually, your recruiter should send all that stuff to OCS for you, and they should have it when you arrive. Yes, NO electric razors. Unfortunately, sometimes they give you (and your 50 classmates) only about 10 minutes to shower, shave, and brush teeth. It gets pretty hectic with only 7 showers and 10 sinks. Things you need to bring to OCS, running shoes, alarm clock, and ALL toiletries. You will be given toiletries as well, but do not use them. They will be needed for inspection. Also, bring PLENTY of socks and underwear. You will not get an opportunity to wash clothes for the first week or so. That part sucks as well as you will have to wear sweat soaked shirts, and your class Drill Instructor and Chief will call you disgusting because you stink and are wearing dirty clothes, but its all part of it.

lefty10228

Its ok. BRING them. Use what they issue you for inspections. Use what you bought for every day wear. The more the better.