• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about old flight records....

JJCaesar

pilot
P3 to Apache:
What flight records are you looking for? Obviously if you don't have your Naval Aviator Flight logbook, you're in a bind. Your NATOPS jacket has your SNA synopsis (grades/NSS etc.). Your actual SNA training jacket, depending upon when you went through flight school could be in a few places. TRAWING kept them in storage for future review. If you went through in the mid/late 90's, they may be converted to digital. I'd call Corpus/TRAWING OPS and see if they can point you in the right direction. The best I could find is the PAO's email: nrs.pao@nrs.navy.mil . Give him a try. You also could try NASC in P-Cola: (361) 961-2286 for NASC.

P3_to_Apache

Yes S.O.B....I do know, I've tried calling TRAWING and got the runaround. I was just wondering if there were any back door way around attaining a NALCOMIS print out.. I do have my NATOPS with all my grades. A competency test is used to attain your civilian ratings. I never did it while I was at flight school.

Thanks JJ I'll try him...it's just been a while since I've had to deal with any navy personnel...

Thanks Guys

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Are you really a Naval Aviator? It seems to me that most of us know this stuff.

SOB I dare you to make 5 positive posts in a row...

NO, thats asking to much. How about 5 informative posts in a row instead of your usual doom and gloom. :)

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I would try Naval Safety Center. Make a formal written request - they have annual summaries - and those printouts should be close enough to for the Designated Examiner to grant you COMM Single and Multi Engine Land and Instrument Airplane based on passing the Military Competency Exam.

Bummer on losing your blue books.

Ok so now I'm really curious - did you join the Army guard? Tell us about your transition. That should be a good story ...

C-Mike

Ok so now I'm really curious - did you join the Army guard? Tell us about your transition. That should be a good story ...

Dido. I was waiting for someone to ask. (and hopefully have it already answered). :)

P3 To Apache, do share..

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Dido. I was waiting for someone to ask. (and hopefully have it already answered). :)

P3 To Apache, do share..

Me too, but what does this have to do with Dido?

dido.jpg

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Me too, but what does this have to do with Dido?

dido.jpg

Hot chicks are always welcome on this forum...and if I wasn't a new guy, I would instate "Hot Chick Breaks" to break the tension in heated threads. Here is an example from the recent train wreck that was "Women Can't Fight".
Brett327: "...make me a pot pie"
Cate: "...eat my pot pie"
FMRAM: "Hot Chick Break"!

battlestargalactica-tricia_helfer_15.jpg

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
You won't stay the FNG for long with ideas like that FMRAM. I'll add my vote for that idea.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
SOB I dare you to make 5 positive posts in a row...

NO, thats asking to much. How about 5 informative posts in a row instead of your usual doom and gloom. :)

He's usually right on though, no?

P3_to_Apache

The transition from P-3s to Apaches was actually a pretty good one. I served my time in P-3s and asked to do an interservice transfer at the end of my tenure. It was granted and went on to flight school at Ft Rucker Alabama. As soon as I figure out some of the controls on here, I can get some pics loaded. I was at VP-30 in 98 and went on to VP-16 that same year. Was there for only 3 years before getting a TSC assignment in SIG. wasn't too thrilled with that, but oh well. As with any aircraft, there are some funs about both, but I actually like flying the Apache better than flying the P-3...something about 120 kts at treetops vice 022 back and forth over the Med....also the Hellfire and 30mm effect...what a weapon...