• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question About OCS package...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jafar

Gentlemen,

I am contracting Nov. 22nd. Is that the day they send the package up to HQ USMC? I was told the board convens in April, but then somebody said Dec. I am applying for June 1st 10 week PLC. Here's what I'm curious about;

Can I continue to submit PFT's after contracting? (prior to the board meeting, obviously) I want to have the best possible score for the board to review. And if it doesn't meet untill April, well hell, I will be running a 290 by then. So am I stuck with my mediocre 250 (give or take) range score or what? I don't even want to think about asking my OSO to contract me at a later date, so I'm sticking with the assigned Nov. 22nd. But I'm coninuting to work on my run. No prob with crunches or pullups. I just want the board to have the strongest possible package in front of them.

Thanks in advance

jet_ifr

The PFT Score that the board will see is whatever your OSO sends in. I think that the deadline for having applications in for the April review board is sometime in early March. The deadline for the December review board was Nov 7th. You should be able to convince your OSO to let you submit a better PFT closer to the review board. The only way to find out is to ask your OSO.

Good luck,

John

I fly. Me pilot?

Jafar

Okay here's the gouge for anyone interested. This comes from my OSO. The selection for PLC has changed and is continuing to change dramaticlly. There is a board meeting at the end of this month and one in Dec, as well as January. The latest policy is more boards, fewer applications per board. This will be one of the most competative years ever for slots. There is now a new matrix being used to select weather or not an app even goes before a board. Sort of like a cutting score, for those of you who know that term. (Enlisted guys)

Anyway as it turns out I'm going to work on my run time before submitting. If I can just run a damn 23:00 That'll give me a 270, or a 279 with the altitude adjustment. (I'm at 4600 feet)Trouble is I don't have much time before all the '04 Air slots are taken up for the June 1st PLC 10 week course.

I should be alright though. When I graduated from boot I was running a 20:30. Ran the same throuh PLC juniors. My run time has suffered because over the past few years I have concentrated solely on getting big. I decided a few years ago to become some hardcore weightlifter guy and have put on about 50 lbs. in 6 years. My waist has remained the same, so no, its not fat [:D]

Being a meat head won't help me at OCS. I've been there and I know this. So from now on I'm all about running. I just have to maintain my 20 pullups and 100 crunches. Wish me luck. If all goes well I will contract in mid Dec. That should be enough time if I run like a wild man 'till then.

Semper Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.