• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about NFO school

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I don't care where they stash me when I graduate, cause I'll be gettin' PAID mad O1-E cash!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not saying that this is ridiculous because they wouldn't be able to break their leases legally (or they may not, not sure about state laws up there), it just seems like a lot of unnecessary trouble for everyone, especially the new commissionees. Whether the new guys get in trouble up in the northeast or down in P'cola, the only difference is who has to deal with it. Its not fixing a problem, its passing the buck.

You can break your lease early, as long as you get a military clause in your lease. Some states require them, some don't, but you can always ask for one before you sign and walk away if they won't give it to you. Besides, I can't tell you how many places I've lived for less than six months. Picking up and moving frequently is the name of the game in the Program.

Or just do like MB and live in a van down by the river...problem solved.

As to whether keeping ensigns ONSTA until class-up is a good idea: there is something about a critical-mass of stupidity that happens when you lump a bunch of idle ensigns together. Some guys will fuck up no matter where they live, sure, but keeping 'em spread out really does help. There are only so many jobs here, even stupid invented busywork stash jobs, and we don't have work for several hundred guys in Pensacola. But in a few dozen different places? Sure.

bluesig1

sure thing
None
I think its a good idea if you have all your stuff, but if your coming out of Newport you got nothing up there but your seabag of uniforms and the clothes you rode in wearing for who knows how long. Not too mention if you dont find a furnished place you get to sleep with nothing. The government available housing always seemed to fill up with people going to the other schools up there. Luckily I dont make decisions,lol.

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
With the new National Servicemember's Civil Relief Act you don't have to have a military clause in your lease not matter what state your in. They fixed that when they rewrote it several years ago.

Not every class at OCS has that few SNA's/SNFO's. The class that graduated just before me had over 30...almost the entire class.

Ensign shenanigans piss me off. I'm down here in the pool going on 4 months haven't gotten into any shenanigans. There are quite a few of us down here who are older, married, have children and are generally responsible human beings. What pisses me off is that a couple of the douchebags screw up and we all get treated like it was our idea. For instance, during muster we were told by an LT, "I'm glad you all showed up on time or I would have to do an inspection." Whether he was being sarcastic or not, that's kind of how it goes down here. You don't show up and now I have to go through an inspection or muster everyday or get voluntold for stash jobs. I'm pretty sure that there are quite a few of us that can find plenty to do to stay out of trouble or better yet, just don't get into trouble anyway. It's the few that ruin it for the many...dillholes.