• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about Marines/Blue Angels

KBayDog

Never wanted to be a Blue Angel, don't know the answer.

I thought you and I were going to put in Blue Angel packages at some point? (After our JAG/FAO/astronaut/chaplain/AMSO/attache/etc. transitions, of course...)

Oh well, I'll still submit my application.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I heard that the blues wear panty-hose under those blue flight suits... supposed to make them look more form-fitting? Just a rumor from a couple AF pilots.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Don't know about panty hose but if the info came from AF guys they are probably just jealous. The suit does, however, have a built in cumberbund to hold shape. The Blues will tell you that it's so they can pull G's without a g-suit, I say it's probably there to keep the after show food blister from poking out!!
Traditionally, a Marine was #2 as well as the entire Herc crew not to mention many of the maintenance personnel are also Marines. Capt Ken Switzer changed all that in the 90's by becoming one of the Solo's. Today's team reflects those changes. BTW, the Khaki cover worn by the Marine is historical from the standpoint that our Alpha's in the 50's, 60's and early 70's were all in Khaki (coat, trousers, shirt, cover).
CG of 4th MAW, BGEN Birtcher, had the distinction of being on the team that flew A-4's the first year and then F-18 the second year. Best of both worlds.

Frumby