• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about grooming standards, as it pertains to hair.

GroundPounder

I saw this last night during the NFL pregame ceremony. I assume that the hair style is ok, as he was part of a group representing the Navy, or do you need a waiver?

exNavyOffRec

I saw this last night during the NFL pregame ceremony. I assume that the hair style is ok, as he was part of a group representing the Navy, or do you need a waiver?

View attachment 33622
A female CPO I know in one of my other groups said the length was an issue and that per regulations it can't extend more than 1.5 inches past the top of the jumper collar and that it needs to be pinned up if exceeding that.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
A female CPO I know in one of my other groups said the length was an issue and that per regulations it can't extend more than 1.5 inches past the top of the jumper collar and that it needs to be pinned up if exceeding that.
Any what are they doing about it besides nothing? You'd think that the senior enlisted who was present and who was in charge of this group of folks would have said something to the sailor and asked them to get their sh*t together...

allegroreyees

Student Naval Aviator
This picture was posted on the Navy subreddit. Someone over there said that the sailor's hair tie broke just before going on the field.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Quick! Everybody jump to conclusions based on a random internet picture.

GroundPounder

Quick! Everybody jump to conclusions based on a random internet picture.

What conclusions did anyone jump to? I asked if this was within the current standards, people came back with the answer that dreadlocks were ok, but not this length without being pinned up.

No one has impuned the person depicted, and it is a fair question to ask if anyone at the event thought about pulling them until they could fix the issue.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What conclusions did anyone jump to? I asked if this was within the current standards, people came back with the answer that dreadlocks were ok, but not this length without being pinned up.

No one has impuned the person depicted, and it is a fair question to ask if anyone at the event thought about pulling them until they could fix the issue.
Have you read this thread? Nothing wrong with updating your knowledge on grooming standards, but give the Sailor a break. Not her fault, and as this was a ceremonial event, the show must go on.

GroundPounder

Have you read this thread? Nothing wrong with updating your knowledge on grooming standards, but give the Sailor a break. Not her fault, and as this was a ceremonial event, the show must go on.

Yes, I read the thread. I asked a question, the answer was that hair is not supposed to be that long. hdr777 said that supposedly the person's hair band broke right before the event. bubblehead asked why no one corrected them at the time.

Don't really see where anyone jumped to conclusions or said anything negative about anyone.

In the big scheme of things, you are right, it not the end of the world.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Step aside boys, this is my warfare domain!

ZXuRDwLcSxKm5D0eo52W