• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about BDCP

hornetflyr423

Hello all,
I have a question about whether you can continue on with a Master's degree on the Navy's dime? I was recently selected for BDCP NFO, but I'm waiting on a back x-ray and while I'm waiting, I'm paying for school. Now I know that they will pay for up to 24 months for nontech degrees, but I'll have my bachelors by May '06. So could I have them pay for 18 month's of grad school??
Thanks,
Jaden

scarnuts

OUCH!
hornetflyr423 said:
Hello all,
I have a question about whether you can continue on with a Master's degree on the Navy's dime? I was recently selected for BDCP NFO, but I'm waiting on a back x-ray and while I'm waiting, I'm paying for school. Now I know that they will pay for up to 24 months for nontech degrees, but I'll have my bachelors by May '06. So could I have them pay for 18 month's of grad school??
Thanks,
Jaden
That is a good question for your recruiter. Maybe someone on here knows. However, I would just make the phone call.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I would say no. Just because they'll pay up to 24 months, doesnn't mean everyone maxes that out. If your academic plan says you have one year left, then you'll graduate, and head off to OCS. Since you're graduating in May '06, the navy is expecting you at OCS around that time, as you've filled a FY06 quota.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Program authorization says BDCP is for undergrads only (the B is for bacclaureate, duh!). However, you are not getting paid for school, per se, in BDCP. You are on salary as an active duty member of the Navy. If you graduate and don't ship to OCS for weeks or months for some reason, like a med hold, you will still get paid, even if it is beyond 24 months, and can go to grad school or sit on the beach with a beer. If your ship date comes up however, you are gone, mid smester or otherwise. BDCP is for undergrads.