• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about applying procedures

Rasczak

Marine
Dude, i think you should read through what they said again. Everything you need to know is in what they posted. Study up on your reading comprehension too. from the looks of it, you need it.

what it ultimately comes down too is whether you feel it's the right time. think.

ShrinkSkat

Banned
Sounds to me that you need to sack up and make a decision yourself, instead of letting the Law School admissions board decide for you.

That's why I'm here Thisguy. But obviously I can't get into lawschool until I apply. Needless to say that LS is number one priority...but if it just so happens that I can't get into LS then I am highly interested in the NAVY and would make every effort to join.

ShrinkSkat

Banned
Shrink, stop posting and reread that several times.

I DID read it. But under the conditions an applicant is only permitted to take the ASTB 3 times. 2 in my case. I cannot apply unless I retake it....and when I retake it THEN AND ONLY THEN will I apply.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Alright, I think we all made our point. He's on his own now.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
The point is we don't know how hard the LSAT is / how good your study habits are. You CAN suck it up and study for two tests at one time...but only you know if that is a good idea.

Here are the circumstances that I put together my package under:
Last semester I was taking the following courses:
Intermediate E&M, Optics, Communications in Physics (yay easy), Partial Differential Equations, and Quantum Mechanics A

I was also working 25 hours a week at a national lab, studying for the physics GRE, and prepping to take the ASTB, which I think I ended up taking one week before finals week.

It turned out to be a little too much for me to handle: got straight As, got a 8/7/8 - 69 on the ASTB, but didn't too so hot on the physics GRE.

The point is you make a decision and take your chances. It is absolutely in your best interest to apply as soon as you can put in a good package. If Law school is your number 1 priority, then based on your posts, I would say study hard core for the LSAT, maybe take a week off afterward, and then start busting your butt on the ASTB sections you didn't do well on.

As far as timelines go, figure out when you're taking the LSAT, and schedule the ASTB for 3 weeks afterward, or however long you think you'll need to study for it. Once again, only you know how long that is.

Also, a lot of these guys bust their a$$ in the fleet. It isn't so much that they don't think your life is hard as it is that they don't think it is harder than anyone else's.

ShrinkSkat

Banned
The point is we don't know how hard the LSAT is / how good your study habits are. You CAN suck it up and study for two tests at one time...but only you know if that is a good idea.

Here are the circumstances that I put together my package under:
Last semester I was taking the following courses:
Intermediate E&M, Optics, Communications in Physics (yay easy), Partial Differential Equations, and Quantum Mechanics A

I was also working 25 hours a week at a national lab, studying for the physics GRE, and prepping to take the ASTB, which I think I ended up taking one week before finals week.

It turned out to be a little too much for me to handle: got straight As, got a 8/7/8 - 69 on the ASTB, but didn't too so hot on the physics GRE.

The point is you make a decision and take your chances. It is absolutely in your best interest to apply as soon as you can put in a good package. If Law school is your number 1 priority, then based on your posts, I would say study hard core for the LSAT, maybe take a week off afterward, and then start busting your butt on the ASTB sections you didn't do well on.

As far as timelines go, figure out when you're taking the LSAT, and schedule the ASTB for 3 weeks afterward, or however long you think you'll need to study for it. Once again, only you know how long that is.

Also, a lot of these guys bust their a$$ in the fleet. It isn't so much that they don't think your life is hard as it is that they don't think it is harder than anyone else's.

To and to the others who offered good advice, thanks

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cliffhangar

That's why I'm here Thisguy. But obviously I can't get into lawschool until I apply. Needless to say that LS is number one priority...but if it just so happens that I can't get into LS then I am highly interested in the NAVY and would make every effort to join.

So, no update????