• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Q's about flight physical examinations

FilipinoMavrick

From P.I. to West Coast. Yay-yuh!
OK. I've heard a lot of ambiguous responses from my previous thread about security clearance and how it connects to becoming an aviator. Now, moving on to medical qualifications.

One question about it: is a strange skin reaction to certain foods (let alone allergy) disqualifying? The reason I ask this is that I recently found out that I'm developing an itchy reaction after drinking soy milk. I also discovered from my grandfolks that skin allergy runs through my family.

bubbagump

Coo-coo for cocopuffs
OK. I've heard a lot of ambiguous responses from my previous thread about security clearance and how it connects to becoming an aviator. Now, moving on to medical qualifications.

One question about it: is a strange skin reaction to certain foods (let alone allergy) disqualifying? The reason I ask this is that I recently found out that I'm developing an itchy reaction after drinking soy milk. I also discovered from my grandfolks that skin allergy runs through my family.

It could be. Search "allergy" -- chances are someone's already asked this question before.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't think the responses you got on your security clearance questions were ambiguous at all. Your question was answered.

As far as this new question, certain allergies are waiverable, but you won't know until you have a flight physical and the condition is submitted for a waiver.

All you can do is apply and see what happens.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
At the top of this section of the forum...I moved your thread....is a link to the NOMI Waiver Guide. Go there and look.

And, quit drinking soy milk.

FilipinoMavrick

From P.I. to West Coast. Yay-yuh!
OK, i just went 2 medical a few hours ago, and the personnel over there predicted that my skin reaction was NOT solely from certain foods. It was most likely a rash from weather conditions. I have yet to get examined, though.

But, still, I might as well quit drinking dairy products just to be safe.