• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pushup Workout

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Hit The Deck Program

wk1
Mon- (test); 30% of RM every 60min
Tue- 50% 60min
Wed- 60% 45min
Thur- 25% 60min
Fri- 45% 30min
Sat- 40% 60min
Sun- 20% 90min
Wk2
Mon- (test); 35% 45min
Tue- 45% 60min
Wed- 30% 15min
Thur- 65% 60min
Fri- 35% 45min
Sat- 45% 60min
Sun- 25% 120min

Wk3
Mon- Test

Drop and Give Me 100

Wk1

Mon- test; 40% 60min
Tue- 50% 30min
Wed- 70% 45min
Thur- 40% 60min
Fri- 80% 60min
Sat- 55% 90min
Sun- 20% 90min

Wk2

Mon- test; 90% 120min
Tue- 55% 20min
Wed- 20% 10min
Thur- 65% 90min
Fri- 75% 60min
Sat- 30% 90min
Sun- 15% 120min

Wk3

Mon- Test

DairyCreamer

So... you mean establish your initial max amount of push-ups (via the test), then every specified time interval, drop and do x percent of your max number of push ups?

IE - Start with a 30 PU max set to see where your at, then at the start of the routine, wake up, do 9 PUs every hour until you go to sleep on Monday, then 15 PUs every hour on Tuesday, 18 every 45 Wed, etc. etc. ?

~Nate

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Yes, that is exactly what you do. I went from 55 max to 90 when I did my final docs. PRT. The program works if you suck it up and do it.

NeoCortex

pilot
the "Test" is just like the PRT. As many as you can do in 2:00 mins I allow rests when I do it. just makes it harder durring the week.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
hmm, interesting. I'm going to try and do it. I'm also going to use the same formula for curlups, maybe I'll get similar results?

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Everybody is different. Try messing around with different things and see what works. For abs I do a set of curl-ups, side crunches (both sides), leg levers, good morning darlings, and flutter kicks all without any rest in between. It burns like hell but works great.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
do you really think so? a long time ago I heard just the opposite:

work arms/legs on alternate days and work abs every day. they're used as much if not more than the larger muscles. I don't know how much water that holds, but I've definetly heard to alternate all other muscle groups. who knows, it's all a bunch of tea-leaf-reading to me.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
That is just my own personal opinion on the subject based on what I have read and my own thoughts. However, opinions are a dime a dozen so who knows.

GSKiker

SNA On my Way to P'cola
E6286 said:
You can try it with curl ups but I think it would be more detrimental. Your chest is a large muscle and can handle constant punishment. However, your abs are smaller and should only be worked two or three times per week maximum.

I heard that abs a larger group and you can work them more often.

But who am I.

lotsoquestions

abs, or your core, are some of the most important muscles in your body, seeing as you use them for almost every movement you make. they're also muscles with quick recovery time and high endurance, so you can work them everytime you work out. Doing push ups everyday will help you build muscle endurance in those muscles, but will not necessarily build a lot of size and strength. For buliding bigger more powerful muscles, you need to wait a day inbetween working the same muscle group. just my $0.02, but i did play college football for four years so I know a little about strength training...

NeoCortex

pilot
well I can tell you I've been on this workout for almost 2 weeks now. I started out at 63, next week I was at 75. I'm going to test again on Sunday and I'm hoping to hit 90. So this does work.

tarheel

lotsoquestions....you want to learn how to train?...try wrestling baby...that's were the tough dudes rock it...

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
jeebus. today was tough (90% of 90 pushups every 120 mins). tommorrow looks to be the same. argh.

shivvyman

I'm currently doing this program. It sure isn't easy when you are at work and trying to go get in a set up push-ups every 45 minutes. Did anybody else start having a hard time towards the end of the day? I'm currently only 4 days in, but yesterday I was doing 60% every 45 minutes, and I was really struggeling by the end of the day on those last few reps.

Anyway, what were everybody else's results with this program? All I know is it sure is tiring, I'm guessing I did around 600 pushups alone yesterday, I hope I make it, I'm glad today is an easy day.

Status
Not open for further replies.