• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Push-ups at 90º

Fetter

I just tried doing pushups in front of a mirror to make sure that I was breaking the 90 degree angle or horizontal plane, whatever you want to call it. What I realized is that when I actually break the plane, my chest nearly bounces off the deck. I have never done a pushup like that. I always thought I was doing them correctly, as my JROTC and CAP instructors always complemented my pushups, but it seems that I never really did them correctly. In JROTC I always made >60 pushups in a minute, but when I just used a mirror to ensure their correctness, heck I hardly broke 32 period. I'm concerned because I don't want to be doing the absolute best pushups for the PRT when I could get a higher count for not going down all the way. Any comments?

Fetter

Why did I even ask? I'll see if I can come up with something more entertaining for you guys next time.

Hell, ya'll probably think I'm one of those types who salute the mirror too.

asm2

Here's some serious advice for you. Although drinking a cold one is amazing advice, here is a push up program that will increase that number dramatically. Every day I would do a routine where you do thirty seconds of as many puch ups as possible, then take a thirty second break. Then continue on for thirty more seconds doing as many as you can, while never touching the ground. Take another thirty second break. Continue doing this until you feel like your arms are going to fall off. Whatever you do, don't let your knees hit the ground when your doing the thirty seconds of push ups, but it is o.k. to rest on your knees for the last thirty. Even if you are having trouble pushing yourself up after a few minutes of this, at least try and stay in the up position. If you do this for 7-10 minutes a day 5-6 days a week, you'll see dramatic changes. Hope this helps.