• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pull ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac1533

Hey...I was just curious what you guys did to improve your pull ups. I know you just have to do them but was there a routine or specific workout that you did. Thanks

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Pyramids, twice a week or so, will help you out alot. For example do sets of 2, 4, 6, 8, 6, 4, 2, or something like that. Increase as you need to as you get better. Right now I feel good about my chinups so I only do them once maybe twice a week to maintain my endurance and my workout is a max set(usually about 20), followed by alternating sets of 8 (2 sets), 6(2 sets), and 5(2 sets), while reversing my grip between those sets. I keep a good pace but at the same time allow some rest between sets. Concentrate on decent form too, although easier said than done when you are wiped. If you do a heavy chinup workout more than 3 days a week, you are overtraining.

WTFover

Arctic Alpha
A better pyramid is to do 3-7 then down from 7-3. I believe that will give you 50 pullups for the workout. Over time you can increase the top of the pyramid to 9 or however high you want. If you go up to 9 that will be 84 total pullups. What I did to help with pullups is to do 100 pullups at least 2 times a week. You can either do the pyramid workout or, as an alternative, you can do 20 sets of 5, with about 30 seconds to 1 minute in between each set. That might sound like it adds a substatial amound of time to the workout, but it is very beneficial in the long-run.

Status
Not open for further replies.