• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pull Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
I really dont think you'll have to worry about it that much unless you want a BUD/S contract. Just try to be able to do 20 or 30 pushups, 30 situps and run 1.5 miles in under 13 minutes or so. Good Luck.

AllenAzali

You Must Be Able To Pass This Physical Screening Test:

1. 500 yard swim using breast and/or side stroke in 12:30

Ten minute rest

2. Perform minimum of 42 pushups in 2 minutes

Two minute rest

3. Perform minimum of 50 situps in 2 minutes

Two minute rest

4. Perform at least 6 pullups, no time limit

No time limit

5. Run 1.5 miles wearing boots and pants in 11:30

that was taken from www.navysealteams.com

On the other hand, if your wondering about the Marines. Maybe there is someone here able to fill us in on the specifics for a Marine "first class PFT." I would try to download a PFT calculator somewhere online and just play with it. Someone correct me if I am wrong but isnt first class 250/300?

Signed, Matt

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I think that the first class PFT in the Marines is 225. Dont quote me though.

"For he who serves his fellows, is among his fellows greatest."
- Meteu -

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I was hearing 250/300...but don't quote me on that either...anyway, what does it matter?...going for a 300 anyway..lol

Meridiani

The first class PFT score depends on your age. See --http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/blmarinefitnessmale.htm -- page down to the bottom. For just about everyone on this forum, a 1st class PFT score is 225. I've been hearing that it takes a lot better than just a first class score to be a competitive applicant for OCS.

BTW, you can download a PFT calculator at www.usmcinfo.com

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Yep... a first class PFT means 225... But if you show up with just a 225 you will either be counseled or kicked out of OCS right away. If you aren't running a 270 PFT or better you need to work hard to improve before OCS so that you aren't falling behind in PT.

DBLang, unless you're an old fogey, even us squids are expected to do something in the range of 50 pushups, 70 situps, and a 11:30 1.5 mi as a bare minimum. At least at our unit.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Anyone tried Recon Ron's pull up workout? Is it better/worse than Armstrong's? I'm stuck at 18, so I need two more for 100 points there.

texag02

i did recon rons and just switched over to armstrong when i kinda stalled out on rons. i highly recommend it. its important to keep a reasonable amount of time between sets...1 1/2 or 2 min. i always just said, ok - i'm going to take 12 minutes for all 5 sets, or something like that. so i set a benchmark in that regard. also, once i got up to the 20 rep first set, rather than pile on reps, i started piling on weight to the last sets. so by the end i was doing 20 reps, 15, 10, 10 & 10 with the last three sets weighted heavier each time. it certainly helped me gain strength, i just wanted to mix it up so i moved to the much touted armstrong routine this week.

Sins

I've been doing Recon Ron's and I like it.

Actually I lost my printed copy of the schedule about a month ago. Also at this time, I switched back to overhand and lost a couple off my max.

So right now I am doing 16,12,10,10,10 every morning.
I don't even know if this is a valid set of reps for the routine. A couple times a week I'll do an extra 5 sets of 5 in the evening.

Swordsman

hi guys, im new here. what is the armstrong pullup program about? i need some advice from you guys as i can't even do 1 pullup

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Whats up all? I haven't posted in ages. Anyways, I plan to enlist via the SEAL challenge come around may-june (since officer billets are virtually impossible to get) and I am starting a hell of a training program on monday morning. Anyway, I am going to use the armstrong pull up program (I can currently do like 13-14) and I was wondering if I am able to include a push up program in my workout while doing this, of if the three maximum sets in the morning should be the only push ups I do? Please let me know. Thanks, Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.