• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pubs from API & Pri after primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
Fti's and such. Worthless, huh? Just giving it one last thought before I chuck them (don't wanna have to unpack 'em if they're no good anymore).

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ive used some of the insturment stuff from time to time but other than that yeah kinda worthless unless youre really sentimental

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah save the instrument stuff. I actually just used my old T-34 RI book to brush up on non-radar environment flying (been a LONG time in a non-coverage area, civilian or mil support). Easier to read than an AIM FAR.

that and holding. Since wings I have had to hold maybe 3 times. Down here, it's pretty much expected at least 3 times a flight. crazy. I still hold my hand up and use the thumb-forefinger-bird trick. the foreign guys think I'm nuts.

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
I would toss all those waste of trees to the wind. If you really need to go back and remember how to do holding, then just refer to the AIM/FAR. They'll give it to you regardless, so why not use it. That's just me, tho.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I kept a couple of them for no particular reason, but when a buddy was selected for NFO to Pilot, he sure appreciated getting a peak at what lay ahead. Not really a reason to hold onto them, but a good second use of the pubs.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i assume they're not sensitive material since i'm too lazy to check. probably someone on ebay (or some other better online auction site) would pay some money for them. if they are too sensitive..tossing them in the trash may be kind of the same thing but without you getting cash for them.

KBayDog

rare21 said:
i assume they're not sensitive material since i'm too lazy to check. probably someone on ebay (or some other better online auction site) would pay some money for them. if they are too sensitive..tossing them in the trash may be kind of the same thing but without you getting cash for them.

I'll start the bidding at $.01 just for you, rare...

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Im sure there is someone in API or the pool that could put them to good use if you dont want them.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
rare21 said:

Aren't you winged yet? If I was still there we'd use your pubs for our usual neighborhood bonfires that we used to have. Unless you used them for cooking in the bbq pit during the Ivan power outage.

I kept mine, and referenced the Primary Instrument pub during advanced RI's.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
E5B said:
Aren't you winged yet? If I was still there we'd use your pubs for our usual neighborhood bonfires that we used to have. Unless you used them for cooking in the bbq pit during the Ivan power outage.

I kept mine, and referenced the Primary Instrument pub during advanced RI's.

haha almost there. i've also had to look at the primary instrument FTI a few times for the stuff here. the helo instrument FTI sometimes neglects to review some things.

but no matter what one man's trash is another man's treasure. i've had some high school civilian pilot kid offer me cash for my API weather book highlights, notes and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.