• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PTAD, TBS dates, jobs, etc

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
In your last post, did you mean that the guys you know were going to show up to IFS within a week of graduation, or API? Thanks

He didn't mean either. You show up to TBS and start zero week pretty much right away. Whether you pick up with a training company or not is another story... When you do IFS you are administratively put in Mike Company. You are in the IFS Platoon.

Like I said earlier, there is no guarantee that you will be able to do IFS before the BOC, there is no guarantee that you will pick up right away, there is no guarantee that you will have time to go back home to pick up the pieces once you get here, there is no guarantee... get the picture?

Jiff84

Comfort

Its comforting to hear so many other stories of pain and confusion. I graduated August 8th from OCC and graduated college in December. I posted about my commissioning paperwork messup but that was resolved. I was commissioned May 16th and have a TBS date of June 28. I filled out PTAD paperwork May 9th but have yet to hear anything from my OSO about starting there. I guess I'll just have to wait to TBS to get paid. Also, they said I'm eligible for the 4,000 signing bonus since I was at OCS in 2008 but haven't heard shat on that either.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
This was 10 years ago but for what it's worth...... I had a 6 month wait from commissioning in May to starting TBS in November. Three of my friends and I spent all of June and July bicycling across the country.... VA, KY, IL, MO, KS, CO, WY, MT, ID, OR, CA. Then spent a week with some family in WA. Went back home, flipped pizzas for a month, then did PTAD at my OSO for 60 days. I had to spend a decent bit of money to make the bike trip work but the short term debt was worth it. If I could do it again, I'd spend another month on the bike and skip the pizza job.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Also, they said I'm eligible for the 4,000 signing bonus since I was at OCS in 2008 but haven't heard shat on that either.

The S-1 (admin) Marines will come in and talk to everyone in your company during zero week about the OAI and the CLRP. You will sign up for it then.

Edit: One thing to note about the College Loan Repayment Program is that it is counted as taxable income. I have a buddy here who was 250k bucks in student loan debt. The Corps is paying off his loans but for the next 3 years he will owe more in taxes than an O-1E makes in salary.

yodaears

pilot
I know it sucks having a huge wait to commission/class up at TBS but you have a golden opportunity here to go and have some serious fun before the real world hits. This is a great time to start on an advanced degree so I would encourage you all to look into that; being productive is always a good thing. If you are anything like me however, you'll say F@#& it to productivity and round up some bucks and disappear in Europe or something. I spent two months in Baja after college (we planned to be there a week mind you, and just never left until we had to) living on ten dollars a day and surfing my brains out. I came back with my hair down to my shoulders and a full beard. My OSO thought it was hilarious. One of the best decisions of my life. Yut.