• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PT test

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathryn78

I will be starting flight training within the next couple months and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips for areas to focus on when preparing for the PT tests. Especially for women... Thanks!

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I would think that most people (especially women) struggle on the run. Just from experience this is the one event that bites most.

klray77

You should probably run a PRT. Then you can identify the area you are weakest in and focus on that. Every once in awhile, run another PRT just to see how you are doing.

PSU333

The run is definitely the weak point for people, I just took the API PRT Monday. The problem is the mile and a half run is done on a half mile wood chip trail instead of a track. The trail slows you down about 35-45 seconds, so take that into consideration. Also, the total score is determined by worst score, so lowest score is the best, pensacola hasn't switched over to averaging yet.

Toddkeith

How soon after you report to Pensacola is the PRT. Do they give you one as soon as you get there or when your API class classes up?

beau

The First day of API if I'm not mistaken. My EX-Roomate Classed up Monday, and thats what he did.

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

PSU333

You have to take to PRT's from the time you get to Pensacola to when you class up. I reported in on a Friday and had to take the PRT the following Wednesday morning I believe it was. It is not graded, just pass or fail, and it is required to pass so you can officially be a part of "A" pool. If you don't pass, you have to do remedial until you do, and your name will not be put on the master list to class up. The second PRT is the second day of API. Your first day is a Friday where you go through orientation briefs, and you take the PRT Monday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.