• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Psychology degree advantageous to IW Community?

bubbagump

Coo-coo for cocopuffs
IW: Psychology degree applicable, or no?

I'm guessing that since it involves psychological operations that yes, it can be applicable, but then again, I've been wrong before.

Lobster

I assume you're talking about OCS? Any degree is applicable as long as its from a 4 year accredited college or university.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I'm guessing that since it involves psychological operations that yes, it can be applicable, but then again, I've been wrong before.

The ARMY is better at PSYOP then the Navy. While PSYOP is a part of Information Warfare, it's not one of the stronger pillars for the Navy. Information Warfare Officers came from CRYPTOLOGY, so a COMP SCI degree might be better than a Psychology degree for IW. Math is also good.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Sky-Pig

Retired Cryptologic Warfare / Naval Flight Officer
None

IW seems to prefer more of a technical background...but a little knowledge of psychology never hurt anyone.

I'd recommend a look see at this: http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres/227A8788-AD03-4CB0-A365-5562A207C27D/0/OffProgInfoSheetIW.doc

or head on over to www.informationwarriors.net to ask a captive IW audience the same question.