• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PSA for DCO Candidates: RTFM

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I wanted to post a PSA for all DCO candidates. Please, please, please have a clue about the designator for which you are applying. Do some research and be prepared for your interview. The U.S. Navy has graciously created an entire web site dedicated to recruitment. It has also created shiny brochures that detail each designator.

One of things discussed during your interviews are your impressions of [DESIGNATOR] and the [COMMUNITY] community of which it is a part (eg, Intel and Naval Information Forces) as well as how you formed those impressions.

This speaks to motivation which happens to be one of the items measured on the appraisal form. If you have some half-a** answer or did not bother to do some research, how do you think you will be rated for this section?

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 10.32.11.jpg

Other things that speak to your motivation:
  • Doing research on commonly asked DCO interview questions
  • There is a section on appearance and poise. If all you do is a phone interview you are missing out on the opportunity to have another graded trait area
    • Take the initiative and asking your interviewer for an in-person interview; or,
      • If you live in the same state as your interviewer, offer to drive or to visit the interviewer in person
    • Take the initiative and asking your interviewer for a video teleconference interview
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 10.40.51.jpg

Last edited:

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
  • There is a section on appearance and poise. If all you do is a phone interview you are missing out on the opportunity to have another graded trait area
    • Take the initiative and asking your interviewer for an in-person interview; or,
      • If you live in the same state as your interviewer, offer to drive or to visit the interviewer in person
    • Take the initiative and asking your interviewer for a video teleconference interview
View attachment 20735

I'll foot stomp this one. I drove over 90miles (one way) through DC morning traffic for a 20 minute interview (twice). It makes a difference.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I'll foot stomp this one. I drove over 90miles (one way) through DC morning traffic for a 20 minute interview (twice). It makes a difference.
Same here. Between two interviewers I drive 500 miles round trip to meet with them, each in a different location.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Same here. Between two interviewers I drive 500 miles round trip to meet with them, each in a different location.

My current employer gave me a positive space round trip ticket just to come to the interview.

It’s weird to see the difference between saying ‘take care of your people’ and someone actually doing that.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
Here are the community info sheets as well. I will look for the updated versions and upload.

Attachments

• 1805 Community Info Sheet Jan 17.pdf
    273.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 1815 Community Info Sheet Jan 17.pdf
    209.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 1825 Community Info Sheet Jan 17.pdf
    190.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 1835 Community Info Sheet Mar 17.pdf
    268.1 KB · Views: 31