• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT questions...

JonBoy24

Can anyone give some details about the PRT?
Is it correct that you have 2 minutes to do as many push ups/sit ups as possible?

Are the min/max different for all candidates or are they uniform?

I guess im just looking for an overview of how the PRT is administered and what all is required... I apologize for the ignorance

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
https://navy.rotc.psu.edu/guest_pages/PT/index.html#Male 20-24 I am not positive those are accurate. I think the numbers may have changed, but I could be wrong (regardless the numbers rarely change much).

I recommend that you take a practice test (Sit ups, push ups, run, in that order) to see where you are. Then set a reasonable schedule to start improving those numbers and stick with it. One word of caution: Dont get hurt, it will only slow things down more. More often than not trying to all out from the beginning will result in overuse injuries and problems down the road.

Good luck.

NavyLonghorn

Clarification:

Min Max is only the same if you are the same age group and sex. The numbers are different for male and female, as well as changing with age.

JonBoy24

wow! thanks for the quick response! this site is increadible... i just got done taking version 5 of the ASTB and scored a 7/7/7 57... not the best scores but i definately owe most of it to this site and its wonderful members who are so willing to help. I am a 20 yr old senior in the University of Texas system applying for a SNA spot through BDCP. Just wana say thanks for all the help... without this site I would be way behind!

NavyLonghorn

JonBoy24 said:
wow! thanks for the quick response! this site is increadible... i just got done taking version 5 of the ASTB and scored a 7/7/7 57... not the best scores but i definately owe most of it to this site and its wonderful members who are so willing to help. I am a 20 yr old senior in the University of Texas system applying for a SNA spot through BDCP. Just wana say thanks for all the help... without this site I would be way behind!

Hook em horns brother. I went to UT, and was BDCP. PM if I can help with anything.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
NavyVance said:
Hook em horns brother. I went to UT, and was BDCP. PM if I can help with anything.

You went to the University of Tennessee? Or did you mean t.u?

I didn't go there because my parents were married when I was born and were otherwise unrelated.

GIG EM!!:icon_smil

NavyLonghorn

Harrier Dude said:
You went to the University of Tennessee? Or did you mean t.u?

I didn't go there because my parents were married when I was born and were otherwise unrelated.

GIG EM!!:icon_smil

Yeah. Scoreboard.

That is all.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Believe it or not, I was cheering for you fvckers vs USC. It took all of my pride as a Texan to do it, but I did.

Next year!!

NavyLonghorn

Yeah, I cheerd for the Aggies when you guys beat the crap outa OU a few years ago.

FYI Texas V. Texas A & M all time record 73-34-5.

Thats an awful lot of "running out of time" you guys have been doin.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Yeah, but we never quit.

Fortunately 4 of the 34 was when I was there, so I guess I'm spoiled.

My boss is a t-sip. He's good to go. I have to remind him from time to time that the MEF CG, MEU CO, and two of the three Regimental COs in this division are Ags.

On the other hand, my little sister went to the junior college in Austin. She's not bad for a tree-hugging communist.

NavyLonghorn

Harrier Dude said:
Yeah, but we never quit.

Fortunately 4 of the 34 was when I was there, so I guess I'm spoiled.

My boss is a t-sip. He's good to go. I have to remind him from time to time that the MEF CG, MEU CO, and two of the three Regimental COs in this division are Ags.

On the other hand, my little sister went to the junior college in Austin. She's not bad for a tree-hugging communist.

Ill hold back on the sister jokes. Its taking all of my discipline.