• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT in Primary

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
How does the PRT work in Primary? Run at checkin and checkout? Wing dependent? Bi-Yearly?

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
After API its fall and spring from that point on. Unless of course it has changed recently.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
There should be flyers all over the squadron spaces starting 10 weeks out.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Most PRT's I have done in the tracom were little to no advanced notice. That said, you know that you have one coming up generally in the May/June and Nov/Jan timeframes so be prepared

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Thanks gents. I'm looking at a long wait in C-Pool after API, just trying to get an idea of what will be coming down the pipe at Primary. Whenever it is I make it there...

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
I've got one coming up on Friday prior to check-out. There's nothing particularly noteworthy about them. You'll hear about it approximately a month out and do the weigh-in a few days prior to the actual event (at least in my squadron). Push-ups, Sit-ups, then... care to guess?? .... a 1.5 mile run! Congrats! Do your best, assuming that your best is at least a good-low. If not.. do better.

That has been my experience in Primary, I'm done now, but it's been fun.

incubus852

pilot
Watch out because they've been sooo strenuous... "Alright guys, go ahead and do you push-ups. On your own. Count yourselves. I'll be paying no attention whatsoever. Oh and then the 1.5 mile run will be actually be 1.1. Have fun."

Python

pilot
Contributor
Primary in Corpus has them biannually Fall and Spring. They usually give you plenty of notice (10 weeks in fact). If not, just anticipate them in April and October. Very laid back atmosphere and nothing to sweat. And NO chip trails anywhere!

You also have the opportunity to easily sign up for the swim version if that's what you're into. I know quite a few people who have done that and say it's great.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I don't know how all you guys have gotten no notice. This isn't the Marine Corps. "Hey you just checked in, go run a PFT".

The Navy PRT policy is you must have 10 weeks in a command before the next PRT for you to be required to take it. Because of that I went like a year and a half between PRTs. One at API. Next one in HTs, because I kept changing commands between cycles and missed the PRTs.

This is why you'd better not suck and fail a PRT. You KNOW you'll have at least 10 weeks to fix yourself.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I don't know how all you guys have gotten no notice. This isn't the Marine Corps. "Hey you just checked in, go run a PFT".

The Navy PRT policy is you must have 10 weeks in a command before the next PRT for you to be required to take it. Because of that I went like a year and a half between PRTs. One at API. Next one in HTs, because I kept changing commands between cycles and missed the PRTs.

This is why you'd better not suck and fail a PRT. You KNOW you'll have at least 10 weeks to fix yourself.

I guess I see it as being big boy rules (if you can call anything in the Tracom that)......you aren't in NROTC/OCS/USNA, you don't need someone holding your hand and reminding you of one of the most basic tasks associated with this job. That said, incubus is right, every PRT I have run since API has been a joke so it really isn't something to get too worked up over.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I never understood the whole 10 weeks notice deal. Honestly, aren't we supposed to have a culture of fitness where theoretically we should all be prepared to take a PRT at any time? If you need 10 weeks to PASS a PRT, you are no where near being fit.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
there's no bottle-to-brief time for the PRT right? I NEED beer to make my 12:00. And a cigarette and dip when I run.