• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT Hints

Status
Not open for further replies.

psrogers

Intel Officer
Question though:
how much time do we get to do the pushups, situps, and curlups? Do we have to do the swim in addition to the run? Thanks, anybody

kenjamin17

well, eye of tiger didn't come around til rocky 3 i think. gunna fly now was the original song.

quote:
the "song" in rocky is Eye of the Tiger, by Survivor. and you call yourself a man!!!

have I got a long way to run...

anyways, you should get 2 minutes for the situps and 2 for the pushups. i think just the run is enough.

Goliath112

yeah I know, but thats the song he was thinking of. and nobody really remembers gonnna fly.

man the wait is killing me

kaysee

Just a curious question, It is OK to do pu and su everyday? It isn't like weights where one should alternate days? thanks

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Originally posted by kaysee
Just a curious question, It is OK to do pu and su everyday? It isn't like weights where one should alternate days? thanks

I was wondering the same thing. I'd guess that it is good to give yourself one or two days per week that you rest. If you take two days rest it would probably be good to space them out. Just my .02.

BEN

Gator

The key in determining how frequently you exercise a particualr muscle group is how intense each workout is. If your working a particular muscle group by lifting weights and going fairly heavy and intense, its a good rule of thumb to only hit each body part once a week. Calves can generally be worked twice a week. As far as abs go, you should start doing them 1-2 times a week and progress up to 5 days a week. If your workouts are going to consist of mostly pullups and pushups you can do them 3-5 days a week.
The key factor is every workout program is intensity.

Here's how I split mine up:
Mon - Chest & Abs
Tues - Back & Run
Weds - Legs
Thurs - Shoulder & Cardio (bike, stairmaster, etc..)
Fri - Bi's and Tri's & Abs
Sat - Run
Sun - Day off

AMaguire

Originally posted by kaysee

Tips for the PRT are like a$$holes... Everyones got em. But, heres my take on the whole PRT/PFT (if your an AF guy like me) and I'm no superman and this seems to have got me through college PFT's, AF officer field training PFT's, and the API PRT's... If you can do one PU, one SU, and support your own body weight while standing without holding on then your plenty strong enough to pass. The test IS NOT a strength test! It however IS an endurance test! Unlike with weights, they give two sweet @#$%s about how much you can lift... The services are much more concerned about how many times you can lift it. So the *trick* (not really a trick just a way out thinking about your attack) is to work your PU and SU scores the same way you'd work on running for longer distances. Do (for arguments sake) ten of each, every three hours for the next week. Then, do twenty 3 times a day the next week. Then, try thrity twice a day for the next week. Then, finally try to do as many as you flat out can once a day for a week and loose the stopwatch. Take whatever time you need to hit physical exhaustion. Then bounce back and fourth between the last two regiments for the rest of the time before your test. As far as running... If you do 2.5 miles one day untimed, then try 1 mile the next for scored time. This will have the tendency to extend your *sprint* times for longer periods of time. So when you get to the test you will be used to bursts when you need them and be used to distances well in excess of the 1.5 miles for the exam so you'll have plenty of gas. Plus, down here the test is on a chip trail (not a track) and that kinda sucks for some people (not uncommon to add 45 secs). And I hate to say it to you, because you can't rely on it, but on the test day you will have adrenaline working for you so that helps get that extra 5. And for the love of God stay motivated and committed to the whole regiment! Keep pictures of F-18's and 15's in your wallet with your girlfriends/mother/sister whoseever picture you keep in there. Something like that to get your a$$ on the track! Hope that helps!

My two cents are free I guess...

kimphil

Originally posted by AMaguire
[br Keep pictures of F-18's and 15's in your wallet with your girlfriends/mother/sister whoseever picture you keep in there. Something like that to get your a$$ on the track! Hope that helps!

My two cents are free I guess...

Pictures of airplanes in your wallet.

Hmm...

The F/A-18 is a pretty hot plane! Much better looking than an F-15.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mongol General: ...Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Here's a great way to improve your situps. It really worked for me. Basically, it's just a kick ass version of eight minute abs. I know it sounds stupid but I jumped from sixty situps to one hundred situps in three months. Here's the plan...Start with leg lifts for one minute, then flutter kicks, then bicycles, then right oblique (put your ankle to your opposite knee and bring your opposite elbow to your knee), then switch legs, then side benders, then two minutes of crunches. You do that and your abs will get into shape in no time. Plus, it's not really that hardcore that you will say it's too hard and stop doing it. To help with the pushups, combine your pushup workout with a good chest workout. It will work wonders. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.